RE: The early air war (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room

Dinglir -> RE: The early air war (12/12/2017 3:44:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

Once again I go and bomb a Rumanian brigade and bombers that came from the north, no aa joined. I had bombers come in from the south and BAM all kinds of flak as I flew over the PZ corps to get to the Rumanian brigade. the PZ Corps is 6-12 hexes from the place I bombed. pretty much all the units around the hex bombed are brigades so it had to be AA fire from the PZ corps as I flew over it unless Dinglir has 72 88mm, 32 37mm, 4 sdkfz, 42 37mm, and 48 75mm in his HQ sitting 2 hexes behind it but I doubt it since I have been bombing this area and only low caliber AA has been joining in until I flew over the damn PZ corps. I will post pictures later.

Let me know the hex you are talking about and I'll look it up when I get the turn.

The flight path does matter in AA fire as far as I know. This is another one of those "things" in the WITE air war, as you can not set flight path, except by chosing staging base. I look very much forward to WitE2 i nthis regard.

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: The early air war (12/12/2017 6:42:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dinglir

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

Once again I go and bomb a Rumanian brigade and bombers that came from the north, no aa joined. I had bombers come in from the south and BAM all kinds of flak as I flew over the PZ corps to get to the Rumanian brigade. the PZ Corps is 6-12 hexes from the place I bombed. pretty much all the units around the hex bombed are brigades so it had to be AA fire from the PZ corps as I flew over it unless Dinglir has 72 88mm, 32 37mm, 4 sdkfz, 42 37mm, and 48 75mm in his HQ sitting 2 hexes behind it but I doubt it since I have been bombing this area and only low caliber AA has been joining in until I flew over the damn PZ corps. I will post pictures later.

Let me know the hex you are talking about and I'll look it up when I get the turn.

The flight path does matter in AA fire as far as I know. This is another one of those "things" in the WITE air war, as you can not set flight path, except by chosing staging base. I look very much forward to WitE2 i nthis regard.

Yeah, I was saying in the past it does. After just having it happen a couple of more times in this game it defiantly does contribute along flight paths. I will give you the Rumanian location when I finish the turn. But that won't be for a few days since I just got put on an emergency job until Friday so my time is limited for the game at the moment.

M60A3TTS -> RE: The early air war (12/20/2017 4:25:38 PM)

To keep the conversation alive, any near term patch would be welcome if it included more granularity on the setting for flying distance from airbase. Let us put a number in a box rather than < 20, <40 etc.

morvael -> RE: The early air war (12/20/2017 4:45:29 PM)

No near term patch. MIFID2 trumps all. After that comes multiple illnesses (all at once). WitE is now on a distant 3rd place. Let's hope 2018 will be better than the last two months of 2017.

M60A3TTS -> RE: The early air war (12/20/2017 4:52:40 PM)

ok, thanks for the update M.

Telemecus -> RE: The early air war (12/20/2017 5:49:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: morvael
MIFID2 trumps all.

Markets in Financial Instruments Directive? That is my world too!

morvael -> RE: The early air war (12/21/2017 6:20:04 AM)

[sm=fighting0043.gif]
Yeah, the same. I hate it, but I have no choice but to do my job. D-Day is so close...

Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI