Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: 1.4.2 PATCH

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> RE: 1.4.2 PATCH Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/25/2014 11:42:27 PM   
kirk23

quote:

ORIGINAL: operating

Any chance that Serbia and other nations will get commanders in 1.5.0?

Hi operating Serbia has 6 Generals as per my mod,but at the present time none in the standard game,I think the stumbling block to adding more generals etc,is creating art for them,and image copy-right.

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 121
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/26/2014 1:59:23 AM   
operating

Hello Kirk,

creating art for them,and image copy-right----Does that mean that commanders in the standard game are at a "dead end" (expensive)? I have no idea about art or image rights, I only wish I could be of some help in squaring this game.

Thanks, Bob

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 122
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/27/2014 12:44:36 PM   
suprass81

After my first MP game I have to say that changes are quite good. But in my oppinion there are still some things to do. I've played only to mid 1915 before game ends after many crashes... :/
but here is what I think about "gameplay"
Cavalry units are useless for me now. They are to weak. In my oppinion thay should be as good as infantry at the begining- after both sides develop some of new research cavalry will be less usefull (as it was in WW I)
Armoured trains are usless. Maybe thay should be like mobile arty platform- they could shot after move. They could have 2 hexes range and cause only effectivnes drop as an element of surprise barrage (-2 at the begining of war).
Bombers and zeppelins (baloones) have to big range of attack or are too effective against fighters. When you descover enemy's fighter squadron thay can easy destroy it. I don't know how it looks in the later war.

What do you think guys?

P.S. It was my firs MP game in 1.4.2 ;)

< Message edited by suprass81 -- 3/27/2014 9:33:00 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 123
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/27/2014 5:11:56 PM   
Connfire

Interesting suggestions.

Paralleling history, I think cavalry get more useless as the game progresses by design. I do wonder if they'd be more viable if both they and armoured cars received a bonus against artillery, since historically they caused havoc whenever they got behind enemy lines.

I REALLY like your idea of converting armoured trains into move and shoot artillery platforms vs. unit effectiveness. My game experience is limited at this point, but I just can't seem to find a use for the Russian train.

Don't know much how zeppelins and aircraft did against each other in real life. I think relatively speaking, in 1914 balloon technology was further along then aircraft, which were only invented a decade earlier. Maybe fighters should become more effective against zeppelins as they upgrade?

(in reply to suprass81)
Post #: 124
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/28/2014 10:25:47 AM   
operating

quote:

Still a "NO SHOW" almost a year after eligibility to deploy, also holds up commander that's next in line, this is a BIG problem in a MP game.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 125
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/29/2014 12:20:15 AM   
operating

Finally turn 45 March 1916 this MFer Kemal Pasha is deployed, there is still 2 other CP generals that are still being held captive in the commander queue, that would have been "priceless" to have been deployed sooner!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 126
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/29/2014 11:14:42 AM   
kirk23

quote:

Finally turn 45 March 1916 this MFer Kemal Pasha is deployed, there is still 2 other CP generals that are still being held captive in the commander queue, that would have been "priceless" to have been deployed sooner!

Hi operating, I really want to fix the games problem with commander activation once and for all,at the present time this is not down to me,I need the go ahead from the powers that be.As you know, I have added a great many new commanders to my huge mod,and they activate without any problems all of them,why they do this is because I removed all the stupid red tape & tech restrictions,in short I made it straight forward and simple,I would love to do this for the official game as well,but I await the official nod to proceed with the in game commanders script overhaul!

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 127
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/29/2014 2:25:40 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: kirk23

quote:

Hi operating, I really want to fix the games problem with commander activation once and for all,at the present time this is not down to me,I need the go ahead from the powers that be.As you know, I have added a great many new commanders to my huge mod,and they activate without any problems all of them,why they do this is because I removed all the stupid red tape & tech restrictions,in short I made it straight forward and simple,I would love to do this for the official game as well,but I await the official nod to proceed with the in game commanders script overhaul!

Hello Kirk, You know I'm just keeping a red button on the issue. Also, with the time you spend dealing with tech stuff (assuming): You might not be 45 turns (and counting) into a MP test match to see some of the shortcomings of play.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 128
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/29/2014 5:27:24 PM   
kirk23

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hello Kirk, You know I'm just keeping a red button on the issue. Also, with the time you spend dealing with tech stuff (assuming): You might not be 45 turns (and counting) into a MP test match to see some of the shortcomings of play.

No you keep reporting any problems, and I will try and fix them,one bit of news I have been given the green light to sort out all the commander activation stuff,I'm working on that now!

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 129
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/29/2014 6:36:45 PM   
Fred Sanford

Maybe instead of the Rail Gun, have two flavors of Artillery: A Heavy Army Artillery Group (the current version), and a Medium Corps Artillery Group that is smaller and less powerful, but only uses 5 ammo and costs 25pp?

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 130
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/29/2014 7:22:58 PM   
operating

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No you keep reporting any problems, and I will try and fix them,one bit of news I have been given the green light to sort out all the commander activation stuff,I'm working on that now!

Yippie-Kiiyooo-Kiiyaaa! Miracles never cease! Unbelievable! Justice will be done! An Act of Congress! Praise be the Lord! THANK GOD!!!!!!

< Message edited by operating -- 3/29/2014 8:30:55 PM >

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 131
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/30/2014 12:57:38 AM   
kirk23

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yippie-Kiiyooo-Kiiyaaa! Miracles never cease! Unbelievable! Justice will be done! An Act of Congress! Praise be the Lord! THANK GOD!!!!!!

I take it your all for this change to the commanders script!

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 132
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/30/2014 7:06:29 AM   
Orm

In a game against the AI it looked to me as the AI used to many rail moves. During turn 5 France railed at least three units and Belgium railed one unit.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 133
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/30/2014 7:09:51 AM   
Orm

Is the "invisible" ships bug fixed in next version?

Attachment (1)

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 134
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 3/30/2014 7:46:50 AM   
Orm

And from time to time enemy submarines are shown for no apparent reason.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 135
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 4/9/2014 6:28:21 PM   
operating

Kirk,

What is NM% loss to owner for losing city?

Curious, Bob

<edit>

Is the NM% loss the same for losing a capital city vs city or fort?

< Message edited by operating -- 4/9/2014 7:30:38 PM >

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 136
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 4/10/2014 6:58:49 AM   
operating

quote:

Kirk,

Curious, Bob

<edit>

< Message edited by operating -- 4/9/2014 2:30:38 PM >

Kirk,

Read page 26 about National Morale (NM) in the Manual: it does not explain the difference in NM percentages between Capital Cities and Cities, only that one is greater than the other. Forts are not covered in this section as to losing or capturing and it's effect on NM. Nor, is there any reference to cities with ports (which are of additional value) (supply fleet destination). Trying to weigh in on an MP end game strategy, where I am losing on one front, yet winning on another, need some hard numbers.

Thanks, Bob

< Message edited by operating -- 4/10/2014 8:47:49 AM >

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 137
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 4/10/2014 11:02:07 AM   
kirk23

quote:

quote:

Kirk,

Curious, Bob

<edit>

Kirk,

Read page 26 about National Morale (NM) in the Manual: it does not explain the difference in NM percentages between Capital Cities and Cities, only that one is greater than the other. Forts are not covered in this section as to losing or capturing and it's effect on NM. Nor, is there any reference to cities with ports (which are of additional value) (supply fleet destination). Trying to weigh in on an MP end game strategy, where I am losing on one front, yet winning on another, need some hard numbers.

Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob,I tracked this down in the Game Morale script.

The heading states NO LONGER USED?

-- no longer used
--~ function CaptureMoraleEffect(captor, construction)
--~ if construction.type == Construction.TYPE_CITY or construction.type == Construction.TYPE_FORTRESS then
--~ -- morale loss for original owner
--~ local owner = construction.hex.originalFaction
--~ ChangeFactionMorale(owner, -100)

--~ -- morale boost for captor's factions
--~ for faction in captor.factions do
--~ ChangeFactionMorale(faction, 50)
--~ end
--~ elseif construction.type == Construction.TYPE_CAPITAL then
--~ ChangeFactionMorale(owner, -200)

--~ ChangeFactionMorale(faction, 100)
--~ end
--~ end
--~ end

If you loose a City or Fortress = -10% Morale loss to your Nation.
If you loose a Capital City = -20% Morale loss to your Nation.

If you Capture a City or Fortress = +5 Morale boost.
If you Capture a Capital City = +10 Morale boost.

< Message edited by kirk23 -- 4/10/2014 12:06:44 PM >

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 138
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 4/10/2014 2:05:20 PM   
operating

quote:

quote:

quote:

Kirk,

Curious, Bob

<edit>

Kirk,

Thanks, Bob

Hi Bob,I tracked this down in the Game Morale script.

The heading states NO LONGER USED?

-- no longer used
--~ function CaptureMoraleEffect(captor, construction)
--~ if construction.type == Construction.TYPE_CITY or construction.type == Construction.TYPE_FORTRESS then
--~ ChangeFactionMorale(owner, -100)

--~ ChangeFactionMorale(faction, 50)
--~ end
--~ elseif construction.type == Construction.TYPE_CAPITAL then
--~ ChangeFactionMorale(owner, -200)

--~ ChangeFactionMorale(faction, 100)
--~ end
--~ end
--~ end

If you loose a City or Fortress = -10% Morale loss to your Nation.
If you loose a Capital City = -20% Morale loss to your Nation.

If you Capture a City or Fortress = +5 Morale boost.
If you Capture a Capital City = +10 Morale boost.

Thanks Kirk,

That is just what the doctor ordered, cold hard facts (numbers)! For the past year and a half, have been guessing what those values are, for in a game, there is so much back and forth, it's hard to keep track of what NM is doing or responding to in different outcomes.

Again; Thankyou very much, Bob

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 139
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 4/12/2014 5:33:14 PM   
Orm

France just surrendered in my game versus the AI. I had captured every city and fort in mainland France and sunk their BB before France surrendered. It took me almost a year to subdue France after I had captured Paris. I had also sunk two of the French convoys. After the peace France only control three hexes, in mainland France, located next to Switzerland. Is this as intended?

< Message edited by Orm -- 4/12/2014 6:34:54 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 140
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 4/12/2014 7:08:11 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

France just surrendered in my game versus the AI. I had captured every city and fort in mainland France and sunk their BB before France surrendered. It took me almost a year to subdue France after I had captured Paris. I had also sunk two of the French convoys. After the peace France only control three hexes, in mainland France, located next to Switzerland. Is this as intended?

I believe because it was "not" a unconditional surrender, those 3 hexes stayed French, also to bolster that thought: if any French/freindly units occupied one or more of those hexes (of course they would be trapped there), Plus, if the Italians are still in the game they can not enter a neutral country, unless they declare war on them (France).. It's surprising how hard it is to conquer France, with the French Algerian capital. It must be a relief to have bagged France. Did read in the manual about surrenders recently concerning hexes, which had to do with freindlies occupying surrendered hexes. Where friendlies would be evacuated to the owning nations' production queue (as a result of neutrality), not whole lot of info about your situation, (which is a consistent theme throughout the manual). Good going! What's next?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 141
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 4/12/2014 8:15:51 PM   
operating

quote:

Another event happened today: Where a match suddenly ended. It turns out, my opponent accidently hit the "surrender button" , fortunately, it was turn 12 and not later in a match, also he was beating me bad in Serbia, so I did not feel real bad about the result, but was puzzled when it happened. So he posted another MP match, now we are at each other throats again.

Kirk,

Might there be consideration for a double click for the "Surrender Button" in MP, so that an accident is less likely of happening to end a match prematurely?

Thanks, Bob

<edit>
There is NO automatic save games or save games in MP.

< Message edited by operating -- 4/13/2014 1:21:00 PM >

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 142
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 4/14/2014 7:11:49 PM   
operating

quote:

quote:

Another event happened today: Where a match suddenly ended. It turns out, my opponent accidently hit the "surrender button" , fortunately, it was turn 12 and not later in a match, also he was beating me bad in Serbia, so I did not feel real bad about the result, but was puzzled when it happened. So he posted another MP match, now we are at each other throats again.

Kirk,

Might there be consideration for a double click for the "Surrender Button" in MP, so that an accident is less likely of happening to end a match prematurely?

Thanks, Bob

<edit>
There is NO automatic save games or save games in MP.

Cancel the double click request: Just realized that "surrender" is a 2 step process in MP, a player would to have to really blunder, or be extremely stupid to not understand surrender instructions.

<edit>

The nitwit surrendered again after 12 turns, because he felt he was losing.... Or that he was not winning enough, or that I was supposed to lay down and let him walk over me. I don't get it? I'm not the AI....

< Message edited by operating -- 4/14/2014 8:48:46 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 143
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 4/25/2014 9:20:08 PM   
operating

Kirk,

MP match: Entente declared War on Switzerland.

Question: Should have Italy gone from Entente to Neutral, when Entente declares war on Switzerland? OR, Should/could have Italy switched from Entente to CP?

FYI: When CP declares war on Switzerland, Italy goes on the march to war against CP (X # of turns) (if not immediately).

There seems to be something missing with this Diplomatic/political picture, that just does not seem right to me.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 144
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 4/25/2014 9:21:54 PM   
operating

quote:

Kirk,

Question: Should have Italy gone from Entente to Neutral, when Entente declares war on Switzerland? OR, Should/could have Italy switched from Entente to CP?

FYI: When CP declares war on Switzerland, Italy goes on the march to war against CP (X # of turns) (if not immediately).

There seems to be something missing with this Diplomatic/political picture, that just does not seem right to me.

In the above information box says: "Swiss and Italians have a strong relationship", Where is the Diplomatic fallout from other nations from this statement?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by operating -- 4/26/2014 5:01:10 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 145
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 4/26/2014 7:05:53 PM   
operating

quote:

quote:

Kirk,

In the above information box says: "Swiss and Italians have a strong relationship", Where is the Diplomatic fallout from other nations from this statement?

Been trying to find the "What if" on the net, the consequences, of the Entente declaring war on a recognized "Neutral" country, such as Switzerland. Where it did not happen historically, it is difficult to gather information on, and or the effects of such an action on other nations. This is why CTGW can be unique game in how history could be rewritten, especially in MP.

<edit>

There is plenty of info out there about the ethnic makeup of the country and of past neutrality treaties involving Switzerland and the concerns of this country before and during the war.

< Message edited by operating -- 4/26/2014 8:12:18 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 146
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 4/27/2014 6:45:56 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

I believe because it was "not" a unconditional surrender, those 3 hexes stayed French, also to bolster that thought: if any French/freindly units occupied one or more of those hexes (of course they would be trapped there), Plus, if the Italians are still in the game they can not enter a neutral country, unless they declare war on them (France).. It's surprising how hard it is to conquer France, with the French Algerian capital. It must be a relief to have bagged France. Did read in the manual about surrenders recently concerning hexes, which had to do with freindlies occupying surrendered hexes. Where friendlies would be evacuated to the owning nations' production queue (as a result of neutrality), not whole lot of info about your situation, (which is a consistent theme throughout the manual). Good going! What's next?

In this game against a "normal" AI Serbia surrendered just as Italy entered the war during 1915.

France, as I stated above, surrendered late 1915 as did Italy. Italy was the easiest country of 'em all to get to surrender. Once their initial line was breached Italy didn't really offer any resistance. Just a few units were needed to knock Italy out of the war. Funnily enough there were several Italian units in France as I captured Rome and the rest of Italy.

In 1916 USA and Romania and Portugal entered the war. During 1916 I knocked out Romania and Russia. I also declared war on Spain in order to get to Portugal. For a while it was tough going in Spain.

Great Britain, Spain and Portugal surrendered in 1917 and I gained a port in Canada.

And during the summer on 1918 USA surrendered for a ultimate victory for the Central Powers.

Edit: All in all a lot of fun. But I still think that the game favour the Triple Entente a bit to much. Beating the Central Powers, controlled by the AIO, is much easier and faster.

Edit2: Several times I got the feeling that the AIO cheated. It seemed to have abilities and production not available to a human opponent.

< Message edited by Orm -- 4/27/2014 7:50:30 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 147
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 4/27/2014 8:45:28 PM   
operating

In this game against a "normal" AI Serbia surrendered just as Italy entered the war during 1915.

quote:

France, as I stated above, surrendered late 1915 as did Italy. Italy was the easiest country of 'em all to get to surrender. Once their initial line was breached Italy didn't really offer any resistance. Just a few units were needed to knock Italy out of the war. Funnily enough there were several Italian units in France as I captured Rome and the rest of Italy.

In 1916 USA and Romania and Portugal entered the war. During 1916 I knocked out Romania and Russia. I also declared war on Spain in order to get to Portugal. For a while it was tough going in Spain.

Great Britain, Spain and Portugal surrendered in 1917 and I gained a port in Canada.

And during the summer on 1918 USA surrendered for a ultimate victory for the Central Powers.

Edit: All in all a lot of fun. But I still think that the game favour the Triple Entente a bit to much. Beating the Central Powers, controlled by the AIO, is much easier and faster.

Edit2: Several times I got the feeling that the AIO cheated. It seemed to have abilities and production not available to a human opponent.

< Message edited by Orm -- 4/27/2014 2:50:30 PM >

Yes, Italy enters May 1915 with 20 PP in hand, but -8 in per turn production. Have to wonder how the AI deals with that? The AI definitely "cheats", if it didn't, the game would have been mush in SP. What the parameters are for the AI cheat is a closely guarded secret. If you have access to the game code, it might tell you how much there.

Never made sense to me why Italian units are active in France, then at the same time French units are active in Italy. I can understand where the French come to aid the Italians early on, till the Italians man-up, but if France is in trouble, it should be "France First", then go help save Rome, but not at Frances' peril. The efficiency loss by both nations using RR senselessly, is just plain stupid.

In 1.30, it was easier to take Portugal with transports, but now they are so expensive in 1.4.2, it almost leads a player to have to go through Spain, which is rather interesting to do and must of been time consuming (it's a big country). I don't know if I would attempt it in MP.

Why did America surrender? Were you able to send enough units there to subdue them, or were they just lonely and decided to give up?

Have been avocating /hoping that there might be different parameters for CP AI, for they are a push over in SP. Especially, as a game progresses, the Ententes' production % percentages go up with each turn to where it is a superpower.

Sorry to say: I am having too much fun with MP to go back to SP for now, maybe when 1.50 releases, will have to do a couple of practice runs in SP to get a feel for the patch.

Thanks for the summary AAR. What's NEXT? Bob

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 148
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/4/2014 4:02:57 PM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

< Message edited by Orm -- 4/27/2014 2:50:30 PM >

Yes, Italy enters May 1915 with 20 PP in hand, but -8 in per turn production. Have to wonder how the AI deals with that? The AI definitely "cheats", if it didn't, the game would have been mush in SP. What the parameters are for the AI cheat is a closely guarded secret. If you have access to the game code, it might tell you how much there.

Never made sense to me why Italian units are active in France, then at the same time French units are active in Italy. I can understand where the French come to aid the Italians early on, till the Italians man-up, but if France is in trouble, it should be "France First", then go help save Rome, but not at Frances' peril. The efficiency loss by both nations using RR senselessly, is just plain stupid.

In 1.30, it was easier to take Portugal with transports, but now they are so expensive in 1.4.2, it almost leads a player to have to go through Spain, which is rather interesting to do and must of been time consuming (it's a big country). I don't know if I would attempt it in MP.

Why did America surrender? Were you able to send enough units there to subdue them, or were they just lonely and decided to give up?

Have been avocating /hoping that there might be different parameters for CP AI, for they are a push over in SP. Especially, as a game progresses, the Ententes' production % percentages go up with each turn to where it is a superpower.

Sorry to say: I am having too much fun with MP to go back to SP for now, maybe when 1.50 releases, will have to do a couple of practice runs in SP to get a feel for the patch.

Thanks for the summary AAR. What's NEXT? Bob

America surrendered because CP controlled Washington and most of the East Coast. Imperative to launching the invasion of USA was the capture of a port in Canada before Great Britain surrendered. Without that port the CP navy with have been operating out of range of their ports.

----

I've played a game as the Entente against the AIO which was easily won during 1916. Maybe I could have won it even easier if I had pursued the air power tactics that you suffered from.

----

I am not playing much MP at the moment because every opponent I played, except Warspite1, stop making their turns, or surrendering, when things turn tough for them. For example, as CP I've been close to capturing Paris several times but before I get to do so the game comes to an halt. Very disappointing.

Warspite1 is a great sport and without the MP games I've played with (against) him I would have been terrible disappointed with the gaming community.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Orm -- 5/4/2014 5:03:11 PM >

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 149
RE: 1.4.2 PATCH - 5/4/2014 8:35:20 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Playing the CP against a human opponent and we are in early 1915. Just noticed the Bulgarians have stopped their march to war.... Could someone please explain what the rules are on this?

Same happened to me a couple of turns ago, I might add that My CP is in tough shape and getting worse, would be a huge boost to have them help defend Constanople.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> RE: 1.4.2 PATCH Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI