Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/25/2018 9:52:30 AM   
LLv34Mika

lucky one... 5% and then 23% with one hit

I guess I can say hello to the DAK this turn?

btw, finally found that last sub before it could get to the port of Vigo. So in total the sea superiority should be secured again.

"Oderint, dum metuant."

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 61
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/25/2018 10:14:44 AM   
KorutZelva

DAK is summoned and refitted but Germany had already snuck some tanks and caught the english flatfooted on the counter, destroying a tank in low supply south of Gazala.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 6/25/2018 12:40:57 PM >

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 62
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/25/2018 10:38:42 AM   
LLv34Mika

as it seems I still have some problems with the DEs
the manual says the DAK fires on 30th December 1940. --> plus one turn for reinforcments
to my big surprise the tank already surprised my British forces.

If the manual is correct that means KZ already sent one tank to the east earlier.
At least I have enough fortifications to make life harder for the DAK.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 63
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/25/2018 10:55:50 AM   
KorutZelva

quote:

ORIGINAL: LLv34Mika

as it seems I still have some problems with the DEs
the manual says the DAK fires on 30th December 1940. --> plus one turn for reinforcments
to my big surprise the tank already surprised my British forces.

If the manual is correct that means KZ already sent one tank to the east earlier.
At least I have enough fortifications to make life harder for the DAK.

That pip of experience you see on the tank in the picture above is a tell that that these guys are veterans from my polish and french campaign.

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 64
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/25/2018 12:52:11 PM   
room

Mika run for your life! The future of humanity may run in the veins of those franco-british soldiers around Tobruk, no sacrifice if it s not necessary.

Looks like KZ reich is stronger than usual at this point, the delay for french pillage being pretty small. I wonder if that was not too clostly in reinforcement, transport and operationnal transport.

Also how are the US and SU mobi?

< Message edited by room -- 6/25/2018 2:04:34 PM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 65
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/25/2018 1:15:30 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

ORIGINAL: room

Mika run for your life! The future of humanity may run in the ceins of those franco-british soldiers around Tobruk, no sacrifice if it s not necessary.

Looks like KZ reich is stronger than usual at this point, the delay for french pillage being pretty small. I wonder if that was not too clostly in reinforcement, transport and operationnal transport.

Also how are the US and SU mobi?

USSR was at 25% (and about 100mpp) as I passed on taking Lithuania.

USA I forgot. But it wasn't that high since I saved 8-15% on Vichy France and another 8-15% for Algeria.

Italy occupation of the south of France for a couple of month gave them extra fund to kickstart their research effort. Before leaving control of the area to german forces they dismantled major industries in Marseilles and Toulon and shipped them back to Italy to improve their industrial base (Fluff text for 2 industrial tech chits investment).

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 6/25/2018 1:26:50 PM >

(in reply to room)
Post #: 66
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/25/2018 7:46:50 PM   
KorutZelva

USA at 36%, 140 mppish

Third (consecutive!!) Spain diplohit, another bump 12% Axis

8% shy of triggering the DE once the English troop near Casablanca are cleared...

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 6/25/2018 7:48:47 PM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 67
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/26/2018 2:07:46 PM   
KorutZelva

Destroyed an army and a corp south of Bardia last turn. The french engineer has been busy in Egypt but I wonder if the English will have enough unit or time to have units with entrenchment in the fortifications.

Yugo joined at the end of my turn. All of the Balkana but Greece picked a side now.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 6/26/2018 2:08:33 PM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 68
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/26/2018 5:30:26 PM   
LLv34Mika

April 1941

Heavy losses on both sides while Yugoslavian forces march into southern Austria and capture two small towns. The army and corps will be raised again in a few month. Long discussions in the UK command but still no clear decision. Stay behind the cover or start a counter attack?

Finally Prime Minister Churchill himself gave the command what to do. If we want to give our people hope and want to show bravery then we have to attack. That was the command and that's what the British troops did.

It will probably be another counter attack with losses for Great Britain but it was worth the effort. UK bombers starting from bases in North Africa and from Carriers attacked a German tank group and were able to destroy it. To the big surprise of the fighting forces a group of tactical bombers was placed right behind the destroyed tanks. So another tank unit rushed forward and attack. Air aces were fighting for superiority and at least one German fighter group took heavy damage (at least 5 or more). But again the result was worth the effort and the tactical bombers were destroyed.

A few more air raids attacked a German HQ doing 2 damage. Maybe that will be more important than I can imagine since it will reduce experience, it is expensive and it will reduce the combat effectiveness.

AND:

I really hope that KZ bought all tanks and tactical bombers before the DAK was placed. That would mean that he can not replace the two lost units. Keeping them out for the rest of the game would be a big victory.

I had to take heavy losses but always kept behind my good units. As it seems it was the better decision. I guess I won't get another easy shot like that. KZ didn't even see my desert AT gun so far...

Btw, are my subs annoying enough for you? And why didn't you take Malta first? I'm a bit surprised.

"Oderint, dum metuant."

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 69
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/26/2018 6:07:07 PM   
Sugar

Wow, now it`s getting interesting. Congratulations to both sides!

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 70
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/26/2018 6:30:48 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

Btw, are my subs annoying enough for you? And why didn't you take Malta first? I'm a bit surprised.

The subs will have to wait... I have better use for my maritime bombers for now. :P
Algiers first, Malta second. Bombing of the latter has started.

Diplo hit on Spain 14%. There's only a garrison in Casablanca and tanks/paratroopers are closing in... :)

Bit of a Pyrrhic victory for me in the desert. These 'overstrenght assets' can't be replaced... But my unit limit is about to increase soon when Franco finally makes the jump...

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 6/26/2018 6:34:19 PM >

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 71
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/26/2018 7:13:34 PM   
LLv34Mika

your diplo hits are insane! I don't think that there is anything I can do to prevent that anymore.

At least that tank and the tactical bomber are gone.

What I saw in Malta looks not too bad. My AA gun is doing well and causing some more damage I hope.

But I discovered your little secret...

Attachment (1)

"Oderint, dum metuant."

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 72
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/26/2018 7:30:38 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

But I discovered your little secret...

You found my super secret rocket facility! Let's see how those 'super weapon' fare.

I already screwed up their development because I didn't double chit them right away, I had too many essential tech I needed to get going first. I had to wait for artillery research to finish before I could afford to take a second chit in it.

I'm thinking I could also built them earlier and trained them on Dover or Malta (safer from planes) so that they have some exp for Barbarossa...

Casablanca conquered, Franco joins. Germany at 864mpp before DE reduction... Yugo Surrender to Italy, Croatia created.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 6/26/2018 7:36:51 PM >

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 73
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/26/2018 8:04:59 PM   
room

Oh those secret weapon are pretty good, they are awe to reduce London and its ports facilites to pièces. Th ey re just not generally needed but they do a good job.

I've never seen yougo tropps going that far

The desert warfare is impressive

Please MPPs losses pretty please.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 74
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/26/2018 8:17:32 PM   
LLv34Mika

quote:

ORIGINAL: KorutZelva
That pip of experience you see on the tank in the picture above is a tell that that these guys are veterans from my polish and french campaign.

hey... never spent any attention to these little white dots. Thank you for the info.

You are slowing down in North Africa... a bit more careful now? We both have our bloody nose. Mr Hess already sued for peace.

I hope your expensive investment in Spain, the rocket science and the new rockets were so expensive that you have not enough units for Barbarossa.

What do you think so far? As planned? Better? Worse? France surived pretty long but the all of France was the bitter end of it. My tank/corps/army was hard to see but getting your two units in exchange was perfect. I still can't say who has the better strategy so far. Only my ships are more or less uncontested for the rest of the game (if you don't invest like crazy but there are other more important things I guess).

"Oderint, dum metuant."

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 75
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/26/2018 9:01:18 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: KorutZelva

hey... never spent any attention to these little white dots. Thank you for the info.

You are slowing down in North Africa... a bit more careful now? We both have our bloody nose. Mr Hess already sued for peace.

I hope your expensive investment in Spain, the rocket science and the new rockets were so expensive that you have not enough units for Barbarossa.

What do you think so far? As planned? Better? Worse? France surived pretty long but the all of France was the bitter end of it. My tank/corps/army was hard to see but getting your two units in exchange was perfect. I still can't say who has the better strategy so far. Only my ships are more or less uncontested for the rest of the game (if you don't invest like crazy but there are other more important things I guess).

Pretty much where I thought I would be. Russia and USA mobilization remains low (not lunging at Gibraltar just yet to not upset the US...). Italy has more tech spending than the UK. Egypt should not hold very long when the Malta airfleet show up to contest the air. I don't mind giving away the Atlantic if I secure the Baltic and Mediterranean.

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 76
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/26/2018 9:04:30 PM   
Sugar

Did you sink the entire Kriegsmarine Mika? Time for the losses table I guess.

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 77
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/26/2018 10:18:06 PM   
LLv34Mika

not the whole Kriegsmarine... but I'm happy with what I got.
This turn a Spanish light cruiser was added to the list making it a total of 10 Axis ships sunk.
UK only lost two ships (not counting the French ships)

The British continue to fight to the last bullet. Again with big success! The tank unit (the one with the two experience pips) was destroyed in another combined attack. And again German fighters had to take severe casualties. And again British fighter and bomber pilots grasps the opportunity and continued their attacks resulting in the destruction of a German fighter group.

With two German tanks less at the North African Theatre I hope the Germans are lacking punch to continue their fast approach towards Cairo. Of course the joining Luftwaffe (the bombers that took Malta) will turn the tide again sooner or later but I already caused more damage than I hoped for.

Attachment (1)

"Oderint, dum metuant."

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 78
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/26/2018 10:24:42 PM   
LLv34Mika

I think I posted the wrong losses table... can't open the turn right now. Maybe KZ can post a correct losses table.

Here are the MPPs of both sides.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 79
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/26/2018 10:25:01 PM   
LLv34Mika

sorry... second screenshot will follow. I made two of the same side

< Message edited by LLv34Mika -- 6/26/2018 10:26:35 PM >

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 80
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/26/2018 11:57:31 PM   
KorutZelva

I take comfort that the my vet tank fended off a million attacks before dying (even destroying a wounded french bomber)

That big spike in mpp damage in the table above is what they incurred going on the offence and does not include the damage inflicted on the german counter. I don't think they can sustain that level of casualty for much longer. meanwhile, the iraqi are shaking the yoke of the english and bring the German mpp to 984mpp.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 6/27/2018 12:25:35 AM >

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 81
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/27/2018 7:10:05 AM   
LLv34Mika

I can not counter attack every turn, that is true. And you can not kill two or three units every turn anymore. I'll reinforce my units and counter attack again. When it hurts most, where it hurts most.

My MPPs are around 650 right now. Should increasy pretty soon. I expect a pretty long game btw. Your rocket strategy is not made for a very fast game and the missing tanks hopefully slowed down whatever you plan. As soon as you get close to Gibraltar and el Alamein the US mobilization will get a boost. I hope to see them join the allies in fall 1941.

July 1941 right now and Barbarossa did not start so far. I expect the attack every turn. Hopefully not fully prepared.

"Oderint, dum metuant."

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 82
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/27/2018 7:29:01 AM   
room

You re getting me exitedddddd

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 83
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/27/2018 8:19:06 AM   
KorutZelva

Don't listen to the ramblings of this madman. He's lead by an old drunk best known for the Dardanelles fiasco.

I ain't getting close to Gibraltar, I'm waiting for Pearl Harbor.
In other news, Italy passed Russia in tech spendings.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 6/27/2018 9:10:00 AM >

(in reply to room)
Post #: 84
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/27/2018 8:51:27 AM   
LLv34Mika

End of July 1941/early August

Not a real counter attack but a cheaper one and I couldn't resist. Italian tank forces destroyed. Now that are three tanks and one tactical bomber lost in North Africa.

STILL no Barbarossa! I really hope there is much rain and mud in September/October and the Red Army will have a long winter to build up its strength.

British forces on their way to force a surrender in Baghdad.

"Oderint, dum metuant."

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 85
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/27/2018 9:05:30 AM   
KorutZelva

quote:

End of July 1941/early August

Not a real counter attack but a cheaper one and I couldn't resist. Italian tank forces destroyed. Now that are three tanks and one tactical bomber lost in North Africa.

STILL no Barbarossa! I really hope there is much rain and mud in September/October and the Red Army will have a long winter to build up its strength.

British forces on their way to force a surrender in Baghdad.

You should have resisted since it cost you a tank of your own.

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 86
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/27/2018 9:14:53 AM   
LLv34Mika

It slows you down later... that's what I want. Iraq is mine soon and you can guess where the resistance will be.

"Oderint, dum metuant."

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 87
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/27/2018 9:38:42 AM   
KorutZelva

Aug 19th 1941, pre-barbarossa tally

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 88
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/27/2018 6:02:05 PM   
Elessar2

quote:

ORIGINAL: room

You re getting me exitedddddd

You going somewhere?

(in reply to room)
Post #: 89
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/27/2018 8:12:19 PM   
room

Well I have no turn to play atm so I need other people to feed me nice games

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI