RE: Criticall hits (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

herwin -> RE: Criticall hits (2/26/2009 2:55:06 PM)

Yes, I remember it looking like that.

Don Bowen -> RE: Criticall hits (2/26/2009 3:44:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

This ship is sister to John Wayne's yacht, YMS 328..They served in the Aleutians..

Did any of this class make the cut?

[image]local://upfiles/7909/C5146700EA60450BB830CA717566D68B.jpg[/image]

Yes. Both YMS and BYMS are in.

m10bob -> RE: Criticall hits (2/26/2009 6:24:50 PM)

Good Gosh Don....I have asked several questions this week ref inclusions and every single one was answered "YES".....The fact these "little ships" are included provides newer detail for sea missions, etc..

Dili -> RE: Criticall hits (2/27/2009 12:12:44 AM)

A ship can be set to be retired from scenario and then came back again? if so then if it was sunk in first period i suppose it will not come back?

JWE -> RE: Criticall hits (2/27/2009 1:01:37 AM)

Captain Jack Sparrow might be able to pull that off. Otherwise ...

tigercat -> RE: Criticall hits (2/27/2009 2:19:39 AM)

[sm=duel.gif]

Is it to late for Jack Sparrow to be one of the ship commanders?

Dili -> RE: Criticall hits (2/27/2009 6:12:26 AM)

Everything is (im)possible in AE.

CV Zuikaku -> RE: Criticall hits (2/27/2009 8:58:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dili

Everything is (im)possible in AE.

Yes, especially for one and only reason: we'll never see AE! [:(]
It's only a good joke! It does not exist! [:@]

Sardaukar -> RE: Criticall hits (2/27/2009 2:44:13 PM)

Question about strafing ships... Has anyone checked what sort of damage you can inflict on merchants etc. unarmoured ships by strafing them (100ft Naval attack, I think). Skip bombing worked just fine even in vanilla, but I thought strafing was not doing much damage. Based on "Fire in the Sky" by Eric M. Bergerud, Beaufighters and B-25 "Strafers" were very effective against almost all shipping except armoured warships, using strafing attacks (obviously, they also used bombs).

How about rockets? Do we see rocket-armed fighter-bombers doing anti-ship attacks and such?

Chad Harrison -> RE: Criticall hits (2/27/2009 3:16:14 PM)

I would be curious on this also, both the aircraft cannon effect against merchant/light shipping, and rockets.

JWE -> RE: Criticall hits (2/27/2009 8:10:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chad Harrison
I would be curious on this also, both the aircraft cannon effect against merchant/light shipping, and rockets.

That portion of the game engine is SAIEW. We have adjusted maneuver and durability. And a/c cannon and rockets have adjusted effects. But effect vs ship is handled in the same way.

Chad Harrison -> RE: Criticall hits (2/27/2009 11:14:53 PM)

Will look forward to seeing it in action. Thanks for the reply JWE.

Cap Mandrake -> RE: Criticall hits (2/28/2009 1:15:21 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: herwin

quote:

This ship is sister to John Wayne's yacht, YMS 328..They served in the Aleutians..

Did any of this class make the cut?

[image]local://upfiles/7909/C5146700EA60450BB830CA717566D68B.jpg[/image]

Grandfather knew him--they had adjoining berths in Newport. I don't remember it looking like that...

His was vastly "civilianized"..

[image]local://upfiles/7909/D43C9E1AC5484A6C905B3FC8573E6B46.jpg[/image]

I've been aboard the Wild Goose for a Christmas Party. Nice, although the beam is narrow for a party boat. They serve dinners on the thing and cruise around Newport Harbor. One of the crew took me down to what was allegedly Mr. Wayne's stateroom. Not all that luxurious, but not shabby. The head has a plaque over the toliet that reads "DON'T PUT ANYTHING IN HERE THAT WASN'T IN YOUR MOUTH FIRST" [:D][:D]

Sardaukar -> RE: Criticall hits (2/28/2009 8:05:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chad Harrison

That portion of the game engine is SAIEW. We have adjusted maneuver and durability. And a/c cannon and rockets have adjusted effects. But effect vs ship is handled in the same way.

Sounds good, the game engine seemed to handle the atacks well in WitP, but damage was IMHO too low. And we have rockets !! [&o]

Looking forward to see the results in AE!

Dili -> RE: Criticall hits (2/28/2009 5:46:41 PM)

quote:

Sounds good, the game engine seemed to handle the atacks well in WitP, but damage was IMHO too low. And we have rockets !!

The problem here is setting the comparative damage to ships and to aircrafts with same gun value. Seems wasn't changed.

JWE -> RE: Criticall hits (2/28/2009 5:53:22 PM)

quote:

The problem here is setting the comparative damage to ships and to aircrafts with same gun value. Seems wasn't changed.

Well, since air combat follows the Air algorithm, and ship combat follows the Nav algorithm ... why should the gun values be the same?

Sardaukar -> RE: Criticall hits (2/28/2009 7:03:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

quote:

Well, since air combat follows the Air algorithm, and ship combat follows the Nav algorithm ... why should the gun values be the same?

I like what I hear here! [8D]

Dili -> RE: Criticall hits (2/28/2009 7:12:38 PM)

quote:

That is my point, in witp they were. But if they are diferent i make my words the Sardaukar ones...[:)]

CV Zuikaku -> RE: Criticall hits (2/28/2009 7:16:38 PM)

were there any skip-bombing/ strafing results in any AE AAR so far? I can't remember of any [&:]

John Lansford -> RE: Criticall hits (3/1/2009 2:05:07 PM)

How does AE handle the various ship armor schemes?  Some ships had an "all or nothing" scheme and virtually the entire hull was protected by the deck and belt armors.  Others, though, had partial schemes where the critical areas and enough floatation space were protected and everything else was not.  Then there's the superstructure area, never armored but containing secondary and AA and radar/fire control areas.

Will it be possible to get floatation hits with bombs, as well as System damage even though they may have been fairly light weapons?

Dili -> RE: Criticall hits (3/1/2009 4:10:51 PM)

It doesn't handle. Unfortunately the system is too simple.

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Criticall hits (3/1/2009 4:37:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: John Lansford

How does AE handle the various ship armor schemes?  Some ships had an "all or nothing" scheme and virtually the entire hull was protected by the deck and belt armors.  Others, though, had partial schemes where the critical areas and enough floatation space were protected and everything else was not.  Then there's the superstructure area, never armored but containing secondary and AA and radar/fire control areas.

Will it be possible to get floatation hits with bombs, as well as System damage even though they may have been fairly light weapons?

Unfortunately the old model based on armoured paint,BOINK!(TM), is still in use, where even the spud locker is armoured to the thickest amount of deck and belt armour.

Unless something has been changed regarding this? Change is cool.

Dili -> RE: Criticall hits (3/1/2009 5:48:39 PM)

Actually the new System Damage, Flood Damage, Engine Damage, Fire Damage if done well might mask at least some of problems. I also think that damage to AA and light armored turrets,radar was way too low when a lot of bombs hit a ship and that is not dependent of model but of probablistic values choosen.

Hornblower -> RE: Criticall hits (3/1/2009 11:08:04 PM)

Even if the bomb doesn't penetrate to the ships vitals, it should have effect on the superstructure - hence the AA's - more then it appears to me that it does..

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Criticall hits (3/2/2009 1:30:35 AM)

Without a "crew". it is pretty difficult to model alot of the non vital hits.

wworld7 -> RE: Criticall hits (3/2/2009 2:21:54 AM)

BOINK(tm) isn't as good as KABLAMMO(tm)

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Criticall hits (3/2/2009 4:03:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish

BOINK(tm) isn't as good as KABLAMMO(tm)

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Well, how about KaBoink!(tm)

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Criticall hits (3/2/2009 4:07:21 AM)

Going to get in CaCa(tm) again.[;)] The row over KaBlammo I started way back to fix ASW was pretty big. One good thing about WPO, the projected sales of WarPlanOrange probably made the effort to recode the ASW routines a financial possibility.

erstad -> RE: Criticall hits (3/2/2009 4:55:03 AM)

Huh. What happens when Kablammo(tm) hits Boink(tm)? One of those irresistible force/immovable object type problems. Inquiring minds want to know.

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Criticall hits (3/2/2009 5:06:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: erstad

Huh. What happens when Kablammo(tm) hits Boink(tm)? One of those irresistible force/immovable object type problems. Inquiring minds want to know.

Sounds like a bad Godzirra movie! KaBlammo only worked vs unarmoured subs and was unstoppable because there was no limit to how many ships could gang bang the poor sub.

Page: <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI