Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

Andy Mac -> Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (2/13/2010 7:53:18 PM)

This is the latest version of both scens.

marianas 1st

Andy Mac -> RE: Buccaneer and Marianas (2/13/2010 7:54:28 PM)

And Buccaneer

Andy Mac -> RE: Buccaneer and Marianas (2/14/2010 9:19:30 PM)

Bump post 1 and 2 have the latest versions

Andy Mac -> RE: Buccaneer and Marianas (2/20/2010 10:50:49 PM)

Part 1 of Ironman - same files as on ironman allied threads

Andy Mac -> RE: Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (2/20/2010 10:51:57 PM)

part 2 of ironman Allied

Andy Mac -> RE: Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (2/25/2010 6:24:10 PM)

Bump

Andy Mac -> RE: Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (3/2/2010 7:38:59 PM)

p.s. anyone got any feedback on any of them would like to draw a line under these so I can move on to next ones no issues/errors/playbalance worries

If folks really want a harder variant of Mariansas I can do one with a stronger Japan if there is enough interest

NAVMAN -> RE: Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (3/2/2010 9:12:28 PM)

Hi Andy,
As I indicated on the other "Marianas" thread in my last post, I consider the Japanese
tough enough and perhaps too tough in the area of coast defenses. I have noted in other
threads that this seems to be a concern to some others after the latest patch. If the Jap.
ai is enhanced in areas other than coast defense, that might be interesting.
Thx.

Andy Mac -> RE: Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (3/11/2010 4:00:00 AM)

Bump for deerslayer

Andy Mac -> RE: Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (3/25/2010 6:43:50 PM)

Bump I will have some time this weekend to work on the Ai scripts for these scens so any feedback would be good

Andy Mac -> RE: Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (4/6/2010 12:48:12 AM)

OK Acepylut asked me if it was possible to play Ironman PBEM - I said no..

But it got me thinking...,

So I had a go at an Ironman Variant Scenario that could be played PBEM I had a crack at it in a spare hour on a plane.

Its basically Ironman Japan in full with a bit of Ironman Allied thrown in to sorta re establish a balance.

Havent played it out yet so no idea how balanced it is.

It is intended that it is still a choice for the Japanese player whether they start a war against the Russians

Andy Mac -> RE: Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (4/6/2010 12:53:41 AM)

p.s. this one is just me playing what if

main features easier economy for both sides, more frames around, better pilots for both sides etc etc this is an off the wall muse by me when I had an hour nothing more...

JeffroK -> RE: Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (4/14/2010 8:25:42 AM)

Hi Andy,

Excellent work.

I played Buccaneer as the Allies.

Very interesting scenario.

Little problems, Colombo had RAF units equipped with Hurri I, Vildebeeste,  WAD or an error?
No aircraft types have any replacements at start.

My strategy was to take Pt Blair then Sabang.

No probs with Pt Blair with 2nd Brit Div, took it with plenty of time before KB arrived, I then sent the transports back to get the Africans.

The RN held off the KB, sank 1 CV for a little damage to a RN CV. I had dropped off some Seafires from a CVE onto Pt Blair to help with the CAP.

Didnt have enough force to take Sabang first try and sent the fleet back to Pt Blair to pick up a couple of Bdes and was just about to land them when the scenario ended.

No having looked at the japanese side yet, it would be good if the AI script could have the KB arrive south of Sumatra, In the Malacca Straits or at Rangoon , just for some variety.

Still won a victory, maybe up the VP for Pt Blair & Sabang to make the capture of both required, sinking a CV helped with the Allied VP.

Andy Mac -> RE: Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (4/14/2010 1:08:44 PM)

I will take a look at that thanks for th efeedback

KB's arrival should be random within some limits so you may have gotten lucky !!

JeffroK -> RE: Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (4/17/2010 1:13:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andy Mac

I will take a look at that thanks for the feedback

KB's arrival should be random within some limits so you may have gotten lucky !!

That's good, I like to play things blind rather than have the 100% knowledge of what's about to happen.

JeffroK -> RE: Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (4/27/2010 8:58:18 AM)

Andy,

Finally bit the bullet and played as the evil empire.

A bit less exciting, sitting, waiting.  My LBA achieved buggerall, when I got the SCTF I put it off Tavoy and split off smaller TF to raid Pt Blair, worked twice and the third got hit by CV air. When mini KB arrived it sparred with the RN but we only managed to shoot down strike aircraft, maybe 2-3 bomb hits each.

A Nell arrives at Sabang, cant load torps so had to transfer it to Rangoon.

IJN TF's cant refuel at Sabang, and the big ships cant squeeze up the river to Rangoon, they didnt have to refuel though.

My 1 AKL got sunk straight off, might as well not be there!!!  I did airlift some units into Pt Blair though.

VP's. The Allies got Pt Blair, though didnt approach Sabang. I sank Victorious & Unicorn plus 5-6 AKs etc. I only lost 2-3 subs and 2 DD's but got whipped in the VP. More VP for Sabang so that the Allies have to give it  a try.

Many of the IJN sub TF had off map homebases and destinations.

Andy Mac -> RE: Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/2/2010 12:59:30 AM)

OK this one is version 1 Downfall it has a rudimentary Ai so should be ok to play as either side

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/2/2010 1:00:00 AM)

Post above has downfall

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/2/2010 12:26:09 PM)

With Downfall being out there anyone able to play it out for a few turns and give feedback would be good

cantona2 -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/2/2010 2:28:14 PM)

Air art seems to be missing in buccaneer, or do i need a specific art download?

NAVMAN -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/2/2010 11:18:04 PM)

Andy:Have played a few turns of Downfall v1. Unfortunately, most of my time has been spent on setting
up the pdu and consolidating unit locations, etc(housekeeping), so I have not really been able to test ai.
Jap. air units have been active, attacking various islands. If the auto upgrade could be adjusted to reflect
the proper aircraft, it would save a lot of time. Also, noted the B17Gs c/n reach PH. Is the range setting
for them correct? All other variants of B17 were able to reach PH from US in the game. Also re:B17G, I think that they are not shown as being researched till '44 or '45. It was my understanding that the "G" mod was operational late '43. It would be iteresting to open up the N. Pac area more in order to allow for a possible invasion
thru the norther Jap. islands. Noted some isolated Alliied units in China and DEI. Don't know if you
planned it that way or if they are units that will be eliminated in the next version. Let me know if I can assist.
Thx.

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/3/2010 12:03:22 AM)

B17 G is per stock I didnt mess with it.

I am trying to keep the playing field narrow if I can opening up Norpac would mean having more of manchuria in which I am trying to avoid to keep it manageable.

Isolated units I will remove on next pass through thanks

Andy

rjopel -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/3/2010 12:03:50 AM)

The B-17G's all went to Europe. Pacific mainly used B-24's because of the longer range.

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/3/2010 12:20:22 AM)

Next version I will be removing maybe 150 US xAK's and adding a dily free supply to Manila - this scen isnt about the logistics of getting supply into manila and it will help the Allied AI 

NAVMAN -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/3/2010 4:31:06 AM)

Andy: RE:NORPAC. OK, makes sense. RE:B17G, d/n want to imply you had altered anything.My idea was that the r&d date seemed too late. Did the "G" mod have less range
than the other mods? I'll look that one up. Aware that the 17s went to Europe on a priority
basis as rjopel has pointed out and that the 24s had greater range capabilities.
RE: Restricted air hqs. Noted that many navy and marine units have been assigned
to USN Fleet Air West(R). The HQ for this unit is located on the west coast. Should units
already in theater still be assigned to this hq at the start? It seems as though it will take
an enormous amt of pps to change them to an in theater hq.
Thx

sprior -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/3/2010 10:05:59 AM)

Want me to post in here or an AAR?

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/3/2010 10:32:35 AM)

AAR would be good

cantona2 -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/3/2010 11:51:13 AM)

Andy any idea why all my planetop art, for all scens not jut Bucc and Marianas, disappeared when i installed them? I deleted them and art is back

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/3/2010 1:32:28 PM)

I have asked the question no answer yet althopugh I think Michael may be onto it

sprior -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/3/2010 2:03:42 PM)

Where did all those Fairey Battles come from? I'm assuming they're for training purposes only.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI