RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

Knavey -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/14/2010 5:47:47 PM)

Perhaps I will hold off until this weekend for version 3. What will be the difference in the enhanced version vs. version 3?

Knavey -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/14/2010 8:41:07 PM)

Andy,

How many turns is Downfall right now?

Nemo121 -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/15/2010 4:49:45 AM)

Is this playable as Japanese vs the US?

I fancy testing some kami attack doctrine...

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/15/2010 10:33:29 AM)

Yes although the allied AI has a pathological desire to daybomb with B29's

mikkey -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/15/2010 12:26:24 PM)

Good news about Marianas, Andy. Marianas is my favorite scenario from WitP.

Nemo121 -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/15/2010 2:38:13 PM)

Couple of issues:

1. You are making a lot of the Frances variant which uses the Ohka ( 90some per month ) but I doubt enough Ohkas are being made to allow those planes to fly with ordnance.

2. Have you considered modding the Ki-115 to be able to be produced without an engine. EA was the first mod with a Ki-115 and I modded it so it would be produced without an engine so the cost would be 18 HI instead of 36 HI --- in reality they were designed to use "any old leftover engine" and so I think this is reasonable. It also prevents the Allied player from just bombing the engine factories to nothingness and then finding himself with nothing left to fear.

3. The Japanese J7W units ( both of them ) which start the scenario should be some of their most effective anti-bomber and anti-fighter units., Unfortunately they are kamikaze units... I think this should be changed.

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/15/2010 3:31:00 PM)

1. not really none of the okha variant are gettign produced lots of the Betty variant but Okha production is 36 per month and a sensible player will totally torch industry. I will convert some of the betty production to another variant.
2. I thought about it after the way you did it in EA but decided to just add a bit more stockpiled HI instead.
3. Yup thats an error

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/15/2010 3:36:41 PM)

1. I was wrong weird wonder why so many research versions are being produced I will adjust

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/15/2010 3:46:04 PM)

ps the next version has substantial changes to engine productuion

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/15/2010 6:04:21 PM)

OK Updated marianas v 3 attached

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/15/2010 6:05:43 PM)

NEW marianas Hakko Ichiu attached emhanced Japan

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/15/2010 6:06:59 PM)

DOWNFALL v3 Attached

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/15/2010 8:10:23 PM)

New updated version of Scen 10

Changes.

1. More AMC's for the Japanese
2. Adjusted some upgrade paths
3. Minor LCU adjustments for Japan
4. A few minor base adjustments
5. Allied Sqns in PI now set be temp restricted - duplicates arriving in Australia deleted convoy with 125 P40E's now arrives instead so you still get the planes but no longer assumes the sqns tied to PI - your choice

eloso -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/15/2010 8:14:19 PM)

Any major changes in Downfall to warrant a re-start? I just got into the second month in version 2. Database changes fail to update when loading the turn. If it isn't anything major other than what was talked about in the earlier discussions, then I'll just keep playing version 2.

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/15/2010 8:30:09 PM)

no nothigng major if playing v the Jap AI

NAVMAN -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/15/2010 10:50:23 PM)

Hi Andy: Thx for the updates.
Re: Downfall Ver 3: Issue of not getting combat report/summary generated when I attack a ground target that is not defended by enemy CAP is still taking place. This issue d/n happen when the ai attacks one of my bases that does not have a cap. The CVs Saratoga and Enterprise d/n appear at PH until a CVE tf is formed and then they are there. Thx for updating the airgroups for Enterprise. AI gave me another surprise. It lauched a cple of planes from subs and clobbered a convoy off Seattle!
Thx for your efforts on this. If I can help you discover the issue w/the reports, pls let me know.
Also, I would like to post some aars from ver 2. How do I do that?

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/16/2010 12:14:52 AM)

start a thread in AAR section I read all the ones fromt he scens as I need to keep on top of whatsa wrong with them

NAVMAN -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/16/2010 10:39:49 PM)

Andy, Thx. Could you advise on the mechanics of posting the combat summary to an aar thread. Did a search, but c/n find anything. Btw, do you recc playing downfall v3 w/pdu "on"?

Thx.

Mifune -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/17/2010 3:23:49 AM)

Thanks Andy for providing some fun with Downfall, spent the day taking her out for a test spin.

NAVMAN -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/18/2010 5:19:39 PM)

Hi Andy,
Re: Downfall v2. In checking the sunk ships screen, there are a substantial number
of Jap. ship shown as being sunk w/the reason listed as "cancelled". What does that
mean? Were they taken out of production?

Thx/

Grit -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/19/2010 10:17:40 PM)

Playing Downfall V3.

Looks like great fun. Thanks for doing this.

I've only played 2 turns as Allied. Not getting any Allied Plane Art on any mission and no Combat Summary on night B29 bombing missions.

eloso -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/19/2010 10:45:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grit

Playing Downfall V3.

I've only played 2 turns as Allied. Not getting any Allied Plane Art on any mission and no Combat Summary on night B29 bombing missions.

I don't think anyone is getting allied air art. I did get it a few times when the PBJs at Iwo did a couple rounds of naval attack. I also had the B24J show up on naval attack as well...

There isn't any combat animation or summary on any air battle that doesn't have enemy CAP present.

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/20/2010 11:17:38 AM)

Air art is being looked at and should be fixed soon its a code issue

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/20/2010 11:18:06 AM)

To be certain best way is to post a bug report in tech support forum

NAVMAN -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/21/2010 5:01:41 AM)

Hi Andy<
Re: my post #80. All the ships shown as being sunk and having the reason as "cancelled",
were located at bases which I had captured. Should the reason have been "scuttled"?

Thx.

Chad Harrison -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/21/2010 5:52:21 AM)

Andy

I just wanted to thank you for putting these together. Really appreciate the work - Marianas and Downfall are keepers for sure.

Chad

michaelm75au -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/21/2010 10:35:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OSO

quote:

Playing Downfall V3.

I don't think anyone is getting allied air art. I did get it a few times when the PBJs at Iwo did a couple rounds of naval attack. I also had the B24J show up on naval attack as well...

There isn't any combat animation or summary on any air battle that doesn't have enemy CAP present.

To fix the air art issue, you can create a dummy Allied plane in the aircraft section of the Editor files for Scen #21 and point it to bitmap 1. [Easiest is to copy an existing aircraft line into slot 002 and change the bitmap entry to 1.]
The art check has been changed for the next patch to handle situations where there is no first image.
The current code checks for an image in the first location, and if not found assumes there are NO images present

Grit -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/21/2010 2:44:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

quote:

quote:

Playing Downfall V3.

To fix the air art issue, you can create a dummy Allied plane in the aircraft section of the Editor files for Scen #21 and point it to bitmap 1. [Easiest is to copy an existing aircraft line into slot 002 and change the bitmap entry to 1.]
The art check has been changed for the next patch to handle situations where there is no first image.
The current code checks for an image in the first location, and if not found assumes there are NO images present

Thanks Michael that worked great.

It was my first time using the editor. I had to save the file in slot 26 and I changed the name to Downfall 2. Is there a way to edit and save the original until the patch comes out? It's not important, just wondering.

eloso -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/21/2010 10:53:12 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

quote:

quote:

Playing Downfall V3.

Thanks Michael that worked great.

It was my first time using the editor. I had to save the file in slot 26 and I changed the name to Downfall 2. Is there a way to edit and save the original until the patch comes out? It's not important, just wondering.

I edited version 2 before I started playing it. To get around the restricted scenario slot I saved it to slot 31 with the same name. I copied all of the new files into a different folder and then I manually renamed all of them in windows explorer to 21. Finally, I copied them back into the SCEN directory and overwrote the original files.

Reg -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/22/2010 1:47:14 AM)

quote:

Playing Downfall V3.

Also the scn021.cmt file doesn't contain the scenario name so it won't show up on the editor list.

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI