RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/3/2010 2:34:43 PM)

yup

jomni -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/4/2010 12:13:54 AM)

I noticed Marianas post is updated.
What's new?

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/4/2010 12:15:09 AM)

Nothing I was changing the name of the thread is all I have some updates but I am waiting on some more feedback before posting them

jomni -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/4/2010 12:22:46 AM)

I see. Makes sense.

NAVMAN -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/4/2010 2:34:36 AM)

Andy: Just noticed that there were ships/airgroups that are shown as being needed to be
withdrawn. For this scenario, should there still be withdrawals? One ship, DE Inconstant
was listed as being needed to be withdraw on 2/25/43 and at Singapore. I d/n see the ship
at Singapore and it d/n show on the list all ships screen.
Air unit VMTB 143 was shown as needed to be withdrawn but I c/n withdraw it. The
button to withdraw was on the unit screen but it d/n work.

I sent CV Lex and 3 CAs from Guam to PH for upgrade. The CAs are there but the Lex has disappeared and is not at PH or on the list all ships screen. Checked the sunk ships screen
and its not there, so I don't know what happened.

Have you had a chance to ponder the restricted air hq question from a previous post of
mine.
I am preparing to invade Formosa, so I'll let you know how that works out.
Thx.

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/8/2010 11:24:29 AM)

Version 2 of Downfall posted a lot of corrections to many to name

High points

Removed all disband dates for both sides
Adjusted VP's
Adjusted upgrade paths where I could
Revised AI files for both sides
Sorted out a lot of older aircraft

eloso -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/8/2010 12:12:59 PM)

Excellent!

I got to 12 SEP in the first beta. I'll start on this one this morning.

Thanks!

cantona2 -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/8/2010 12:13:52 PM)

Andy,

Any news on the art issue i was suffering from?
Cheers

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/8/2010 5:20:51 PM)

I think we may have it nailed its a late war scenario issue unfortuantely I never saw it but it is being looked at

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/8/2010 5:24:22 PM)

Buccaneer v3 now ready

NAVMAN -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/8/2010 6:53:10 PM)

Andy: Thx for the new versions!
Re: Downfall. Noted that CVs Enterprise and Saratoga start w/TBD Devastators. This was
in the original version as well.
With No Unit Withdrawals in "off" mode, DE Inconstant shows as being overdue for withdrawal at Singapore, but it is not there. With No Unit Withdrawals in "on" mode,
it is not listed as needed to be withdrawn.
CVs at PH d/n initial show as being there unless a CVE tf is formed first.
Combat Summary and Combat Reports not generated for night bombing raids
from Saipan and Manila. The screen says the attacks are happening, but no reports. Saw
this in earlier versions. No prob w/day air attacks.
With PDU turned off, still have some units upgrading to obsolete aircraft. Ex: VMF-211
flying Corsairs, shows Buffalos as the upgrade aircraft.
AI: Interesting. Jap. surface force caught me w/my pants down and raided Singapore
while I was forming a transport tf. Nice touch!.

Reg -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/9/2010 1:10:04 AM)

Probably down in the weeds but the USS Saratoga in Downfall V2 has all her 20mm AAA on the Right Side. This error most likely came from the scenario you used as the base for this one..

Sangamon 6/44 class appears to have a similar issue.
so do Casablanca 9/44 class.
Brogue 4/43 class have all their 40mm AA on the right side.
(My there are a lot of flattops in this scenario!!)

Looks like it is advantageous to attack American carriers from the port side.....

eloso -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/9/2010 1:26:22 PM)

I can't find any groups that can upgrade to the F7F Tigercat.

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/9/2010 3:20:06 PM)

Midway's organic FB Group and some of the NF Sqns is all

Essex class werent big enough to take em

rjopel -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/9/2010 6:03:36 PM)

Downfall,

Three at sea USN subs have zero endurance.

Tunny TF424
Tinosa TF425
Tilefish TF450

Can the number of ships starting at Pearl be moved around some? There seems to be a 1000 ship display limit.

rjopel -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/9/2010 7:26:51 PM)

Downfall,

I recommend rmoving the Dutch subs in the TF's starting in Manila. They are the 3rd sub in the group and not likely to be around at this point in the war.

eloso -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/9/2010 9:29:47 PM)

I see. I haven't played long enough to get the Midway-class CV, but I don't see why the land based groups would be restricted by this.

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/9/2010 9:58:42 PM)

Most of the Marine Sqns jave iot as an option

eloso -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/9/2010 11:24:59 PM)

Thanks,

I'll keep looking. It just seemed odd that a 40 plane/month production run would be for one VB squadron. I found the NF squadrons. Thanks!

Training Squadrons:

Both USAAF squadrons in San Francisco are of US Navy nationality. I didn't see a training squadron for bomber pilots for either the USN or USMC.

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/9/2010 11:32:15 PM)

The training sqns are supposed to train for general skill only otherwise there would be to many of them in some ways I may just cut them fromt he next build allies dont really need em

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/9/2010 11:47:52 PM)

OK fixed all of those so far I will give it a week for more feedback then will issue last version

eloso -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/10/2010 1:41:53 AM)

I can understand you not wanting to add more, but most of the units not in the front lines have 40-50 experience from what I've seen. Also, the nationality of the pilots flying the USAAF planes should at the very least be changed because as it is now, the Navy gets all the pilots and the Army gets shafted.

I'll try the general skill for the next week of game time to see how much of a difference it makes. In the first 8 days in this build I've lost around 300 aircraft to Japan's 2200. Is there a place where I can find out how many pilots are KIA?

Oh, I still couldn't find any VMF squadrons that upgrade to the F7F-3. It appears that they only have a few that upgrade to the recon or night fighter variant.

rjopel -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/10/2010 4:58:09 AM)

Downfall

Have been able to update the at start squads to 1944 versions? What about TOE upgrades?

WITP Tracker shows several units present at off map bases in the Aleutians.
ID 5003 103rd USN Base Force at Dutch Harbor.
ID 6293 Coal Harbor could probably be removed along with the base itself.
ID 101 North Pacific at Dutch Harbor.

To be added.
ID 104 or 108 Southwest Pacific should be present under the command of MacArthur.

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/10/2010 1:23:15 PM)

This scenario is not supposed to be about pilot training so I may just bumkp allied Xp by 5 points and remove the training sqns

SWPAC - oops [:D][:D] 

eloso -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/10/2010 11:36:22 PM)

Feedback on my pilots after 9 days:

Frontline Figthers have taken a few casualties but it may not be too bad. The bomber crews seem to take it the most but that also seems reasonable to me.

I just didn't want to get into a position in 6 months of game time where I'm forced to use 35 xp pilots at this point in the war.

In all reality I'm probably only going to get around 3 rounds graduating recruits out of those trainers during the time frame of this scenario.

NAVMAN -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/11/2010 4:34:11 AM)

Hi Andy,
Re: Downfall ver 2: Noted that combat report/summary not being generated in air to ground attacks unless there is cap flying against the raid.
AI seems much more adept at taking advantage of situations. I was transferring
troops from Dutch Harbor to Seattle in an undefended troop ship and it got hit by a sub.
Keeps one from taking anything for granted. Nice job!

NAVMAN -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/11/2010 8:24:13 AM)

Andy,
This is an addition to my post #56. I had a Downfall game saved under ver 1 and
tested the air to ground attacks to see if a combat summary/report was generated if no cap was defending the base. The reports were generated, so whatever happened seems to have taken place under ver 2. Also tested "stock" scenarios and all reports were
generated normally. Seems specific to this version(2)

Thx.

Knavey -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/14/2010 4:57:02 PM)

Is the Marianas file in POST #1 still the most up to date version?

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/14/2010 5:01:49 PM)

Yes not been able to release v3 of Marianas yet.

I want to get a Marianas v3 and then an enhanced Japan Marianas scen out this weekend if possible

Andy Mac -> RE: Downfall, Buccaneer and Marianas and Ironman Allied (5/14/2010 5:39:16 PM)

p.s. I am not good at writing up all the text files that go with the scenarios if anyone wants to have a go at providing new enhanced text files please feel free

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI