RE: ZA RODINU! (Kamil vs Mike) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports

Mike29 -> RE: ZA RODINU! (Kamil vs Mike) (3/29/2013 7:20:58 AM)

T85. 28.01.1943. South. I still have no idea where to advance here.

[image]local://upfiles/39620/985A59A5630943B7B57AF9C8F98048F9.jpg[/image]

Mike29 -> RE: ZA RODINU! (Kamil vs Mike) (3/29/2013 7:37:38 AM)

T85. 28.01.1943. Has anyone ideas how to increase my army?

[image]local://upfiles/39620/4F18C9BC21594202AAA94F80E343CFD3.jpg[/image]

Seminole -> RE: ZA RODINU! (Kamil vs Mike) (3/29/2013 2:35:13 PM)

quote:

Has anyone ideas how to increase my army?

Boy, that's open ended.
What have you got?
How many:
Rifle Corps
Rifle Divs
Rifle Bde
Tank Corps
Tank Bde
Mech Corps
Mot/Mech Bde
Cav Corps
Cav Div
Art Div

Hard to know what to build without knowing what you have.
How is your truck pool looking versus need?
Have you stocked your Army HQs with SUs? Have you stocked your Corps with SUs?
Using the Commanders Report tabs and filters you can get an idea for how and where your manpower is currently allocated.

KamilS -> RE: ZA RODINU! (Kamil vs Mike) (3/29/2013 2:51:35 PM)

For me problem is not size but quality of Mike's army, especially his mobile forces. Even if I managed to break his lines he would be able to disentangle encircled units and in the mean time apply enough pressure all over the front to make me suffer more looses than it was worth (to attack somewhere I would have to be be weaker eve where else).

Here you can copy and past usual criticism of game mechanics [;)]

I think in our's game case AP is limiting factor - rebuilding what you have lost will take much time and effort and my guess is you won't be ale to reach 8M, but judging from quality of your units 7,5M should be enough to annihilate me.

Peltonx -> RE: ZA RODINU! (Kamil vs Mike) (3/30/2013 12:55:22 PM)

He will easly hit 8 million probably 9 by mid 44.

Peltonx -> RE: ZA RODINU! (Kamil vs Mike) (3/30/2013 12:59:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kamil

Fast forward to T80 (last one presented by Mike)

Pocket re-established at T78 held.

During my next two moves I continued to fall-back west impatiently waiting for armament production increase.

[image]local://upfiles/37480/34C03BC598C248D58011764F014E2462.jpg[/image]

I am finding in all my 43+ games armament pts are the issue, I have men in the pools but no armament pts. That issue is not going away for you as SHC will keep attacking and you will never be above 0 for long the rest of the war.

Its easy for Mike to attack because your over all morale is poor at best for 42/43

A high morale 43 GHC can hold back a 9.5 million man SHC for over a yr, but a poor morale GHC can't hold back 6 million man SHC army in late 42

Game in its current state is 90% about moral and the better SHC players understand this fact and can easly pick apart GHC moral stating in 41 so after blizzard SHC starts marching west. GHC can have 4 million vs 5 million SHC but will get trashed if morale blows because of manpower/armament replasment rates.

TDV was pushing west in 42 with 4.75 million russians vs 3 million germans. The numbers mean nothing as SHC gets more then enough to grow slowly and push down GHC numbers if GHC moral is poor after blizzard.

In our game you had 7.2 million plus in early 43 and I held lines easly until Jan 44.

Moral is King

Mike29 -> RE: ZA RODINU! (Kamil vs Mike) (3/30/2013 3:27:59 PM)

Generally speaking the question "Quantity or quality" is a question of choice. In our game Soviet were seeking forward defense. As a result of this was intensive fight during 41 and 42 and many experienced units with good morale. The other side of medal is heavy losses and many units lost in pockets. The situation was worsened in 42 because I invested nearly all my AP to expensive in 42 infanrty corps and good leaders. But that's not all. During the peak of Orel battle I convert many units, including mech and tanks into static mode willing to receive another AP to create some more corps. You may still see them around Moscow. Summarising, I met with huge infrastructural problems that I was triyng to solve during winter. In fact, I found that I can not advance when and where I want, but only when and where Kamil allow me.

At the present moment as were marked in comments, my army has elite units and unexperienced cannon fodder. I don't have "golden mean" - infantry with CV 3 or 4 eing able to hold line. As result I have to engage my elite forces with secondary objectives and can not offence effectivly. Otherwise, may be its too early yet. As you see I still dont have "second line" army and I amnot sure I will be able to create it. Now I still consentrated on building infatry corps and I build some art. divisions and some infantry brigades. I dont think I ever have 9 mln.

I think I agree, yes morale is a king of this game, but I am not sure that army of 7,5 mln can take Berlin. May be will see, thanks Kamil he play this.

Mike29 -> RE: ZA RODINU! (Kamil vs Mike) (3/30/2013 4:13:07 PM)

Current situation:

39 infantry corps including 29 guards
25 tank corps including 11 guards
7 mech corps including 1 guards
13 artillery divisions
40 rifle, airborne, naval and rocket brigades.
Rest are rifle divisions. Totally 1018 units.

Many support units - tank regiments, sappers, artillery

schascha -> RE: ZA RODINU! (Kamil vs Mike) (4/12/2013 1:27:14 PM)

Great AAR [&o]

STEF78 -> RE: ZA RODINU! (Kamil vs Mike) (4/12/2013 9:22:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: schascha

Great AAR [&o]

Sure but don't show the OOB in our game, I would be ridiculous....

Mike29 -> RE: ZA RODINU! (Kamil vs Mike) (7/14/2013 8:41:12 AM)

Who wants to continue this game for Germany?

Page: <<   < prev  9 10 11 12 [13]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI