RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

fruitgnome -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/28/2014 1:02:53 PM)

Is there a playable version out of this mod? Where to download?

Kizucha -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/28/2014 1:39:08 PM)

The only version is the "extended" version and he do not work on it, he works on an bigger version right now and its not public.^^ The extended version is in his first post.

Edit: Oh and "extended" is not compatible with any mods or the latest version of the game, if i remember right.[;)]

Edit2: Lurchi? look please on your download link, i think its broken?[&:]

lurchi -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/28/2014 2:02:47 PM)

Yup, you can only try Research Extended for the time being. Reloaded is a huge project and still takes some time.

I'll check the download link.

Edit: Works again.

Kizucha -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/28/2014 3:07:08 PM)

Thank you lurchi.[:)]

lurchi -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/28/2014 10:46:47 PM)

The restructure operations are progressing well. There are now 640 research projects.

Here's another teaser for you.

Components marked XXX can't be added until the base game is updated. That list is growing slow but steady. Where art thou, Elliot? [sm=sad-1361.gif]

[image]http://i59.tinypic.com/1zexea.jpg[/image]

ParagonExile -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/28/2014 11:00:32 PM)

[&o]

lurchi -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/28/2014 11:11:41 PM)

BTW, I use 171 components right now. Shouldn't be possible, but it's working. [:D]

I need a hell of a lot more, though. [sm=sad-1361.gif]

Blackstork -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/28/2014 11:38:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lurchi

BTW, I use 171 components right now. Shouldn't be possible, but it's working. [:D]

I need a hell of a lot more, though. [sm=sad-1361.gif]

i said before , stop complaining about 600 components, someone have goal of at least 20000 characters :D
[:D]

lurchi -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/29/2014 11:06:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blackstork

i said before , stop complaining about 600 components, someone have goal of at least 20000 characters :D

Hah, you can use a generator, I have to make them manually. [:-]

That said I don't complain about making them, I complain about not being able to add them properly. [:(]

Blackstork -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/29/2014 11:11:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lurchi

quote:

Hah, you can use a generator, I have to make them manually. [:-]

That said I don't complain about making them, I complain about not being able to add them properly. [:(]

I know, well generator is great thing , thanks to ergie.. but its still hugeton of work.... its about making alot of art, which takes alot of time,

by the way - there is program made by some talented guy - DW Builder - does it provides some help in adding techs? http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3627355

Btw it will be cool for integration if you keep list /track of changes/additions you do, so integrating them and assigning to race focuses will be much easier.

I hope that devs will fix the things you need in next release, because i am very exited to see your mod working :)

Unforeseen -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/29/2014 12:05:27 PM)

Lol on 999k Research it will take over a thousand years to research all techs [:)][:)]

lurchi -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/29/2014 12:55:32 PM)

quote:

by the way - there is program made by some talented guy - DW Builder - does it provides some help in adding techs? http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3627355

I know that one, but it doesn't really help in it's current version. There was another one some months ago that looked extremely promising and died, I hope that's not the case with this one.

quote:

Btw it will be cool for integration if you keep list /track of changes/additions you do, so integrating them and assigning to race focuses will be much easier.

Well, I change basically everything. [:'(]

I'm going to write a list when I release a beta. Right now I'm prone to still add or move projects around.

quote:

I hope that devs will fix the things you need in next release, because i am very exited to see your mod working :)

I sure hope the next patch brings salvation. [:D]

lurchi -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/29/2014 12:57:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Unforeseen

Lol on 999k Research it will take over a thousand years to research all techs [:)][:)]

Leave some projects for the next game. [:)]

Blackstork -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/29/2014 1:04:42 PM)

This game could introduce new concept of gaming to the masses.
More improved version of tamagochi, without feeding tho
Put on full automation, leave pc on, go to job, come back at evening and see how they expanded, get call from friend who didnt called you for a week, and discuss your Atuuk/Securan/Boskara pet expansion, and wars with Caleph that longs fro 2 days already.... Next week you probably will be buying that bottle of wine because the war with Caleph will end and you will take those 3 systems next to you (you hope).

Ohoh well, thats real :V

lurchi -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/29/2014 1:28:58 PM)

quote:

This game could introduce new concept of gaming to the masses.
More improved version of tamagochi, without feeding tho

Instead of feeding you could design a ship or send a fleet somewhere. And then...[sm=sterb029.gif]

Kizucha -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/29/2014 1:45:47 PM)

I really dont mind if game sessions take weeks or more.[:D] The problem with that is, the most games are not designed for that for example, if we have an game that enables hyperdrive that can relativly screw over strategic points, like you NEED an system from time to time in what you can make a stop. Refuel, repair and feed the crew, clearly an enemy can in that way fortify its edge systems because the enemy have to transit through them, in the most games its possible to jump straight to the homeplanet and right the way doom the enemy to take away their best planet.

And you two... dont complain each other and WORK!!![:D] I hope the dev's are working on whatever they do that they after this can work on lurchis problems that he can do his magic.[&o]

Edit: By the way, i like the idea of the DW-Tamagotchi.[:D]

Blackstork -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/29/2014 2:00:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kizucha

I really dont mind if game sessions take weeks or more.[:D] The problem with that is, the most games are not designed for that for example, if we have an game that enables hyperdrive that can relativly screw over strategic points, like you NEED an system from time to time in what you can make a stop. Refuel, repair and feed the crew, clearly an enemy can in that way fortify its edge systems because the enemy have to transit through them, in the most games its possible to jump straight to the homeplanet and right the way doom the enemy to take away their best planet.

And you two... dont complain each other and WORK!!![:D] I hope the dev's are working on whatever they do that they after this can work on lurchis problems that he can do his magic.[&o]

I experienced it for 1.5 day when i put open ended game at normal speed research with one of latest versions of Margagd only Ergreagd for testing.... They kicked Keskudons ass , and Phaerax too, but Visareen were too annoying and dam Ikkuros and Teekans seemms been lucky to start far from warmongers and developed alot... game didnt ended , but game crashed, i think the hot weather is to blame.. but it longed for more than 32h on x4 speed :D And it was fun thing to come and watch how new , Margagd only limited birdies (limited to gvmnt -10% pop growth +40% troops -40% maintenance -40% WW ) Ergreagds fared versus numerous opponents. I think they were 6th or 7th ( 3rd place in military might.) at time game crashed .

lurchi -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/29/2014 2:07:34 PM)

quote:

I sure won't restrict range so much that it becomes WWII - IN SPACE! [sm=Tank-fahr09.gif]
Games would take forever. [:D]

quote:

I do work on the mod right now. [sm=00000028.gif]

spiralaxis -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/29/2014 2:15:21 PM)

LeFoureur's DW tool isn't a dead project but he(?) has put it on hold until the game stabilizes some more. Too much rewriting of source code required with the frequent updates.

lurchi -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/29/2014 2:25:34 PM)

I see. Good, it looks quite promising.

lurchi -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/29/2014 11:28:14 PM)

Update:

There are now 650 research projects. [:)]
The list of components I can't add until the base game is updated has grown as well. [:(]

danymatrix -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/29/2014 11:44:47 PM)

Please, you must release it [8|]

lurchi -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/30/2014 12:04:09 AM)

No way. I'm about 25% done.

spiralaxis -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/30/2014 12:28:47 AM)

Should I say t this point that I would prefer not to have too many tiers of retrofits? I like it when existing components are improved.

lurchi -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/30/2014 12:29:00 AM)

Well, more like 30% done. There are 660 research projects now.

lurchi -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/30/2014 12:33:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: spiralaxis

Should I say t this point that I would prefer not to have too many tiers of refutation? I like it when existing components are improved.

[&:]
There are tons of improvements for existing components.

lurchi -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/30/2014 12:37:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: spiralaxis

Should I say t this point that I would prefer not to have too many tiers of retrofits?

You don't have to retrofit if you don't want to. Sure makes the game harder, though. [:D]

Components usually have two upgrade instances, some select few have more.

lurchi -> Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (7/30/2014 1:20:48 AM)

I'm almost done with the weapon research. [:)]

There are now 660 research projects and about 200 components (those marked XXX are beyond the evil limit of 170). [sm=sad-1361.gif]

Here's another Teaser.

[image]http://i61.tinypic.com/25g8jd5.jpg[/image]

ParagonExile -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/30/2014 2:44:08 AM)

dhj;'lsjdhhdhh!

*Dies*

[&o]

danymatrix -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/30/2014 2:47:02 AM)

then we can have the mod earlier than agreed? [&:]

Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI