Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

lurchi -> Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (7/30/2014 8:30:04 AM)

Well, I can't release it before it's done. It won't be done before the base game is modified so I can add all the new components (30 as of now) or it would be seriously unbalanced. That's a problem Elliot has to address, it's his baby.

[&o][&o][&o]I sure hope he gets down to it soon.[&o][&o][&o]

Icemania -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/30/2014 12:05:59 PM)

The only good reason for how quiet they are is that they either scoping a whole bunch of upcoming patches or they are planning Distant Worlds 2 ... [sm=Cool-049.gif]

Kizucha -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/30/2014 1:12:46 PM)

Or both?[X(]

lurchi -> Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (7/30/2014 1:49:12 PM)

Patch first, please. That's done way faster than a new game. Otherwise we have to do this [sm=comp16.gif]

Icemania -> RE: Research Extended - [DWU] [WIP] New tech and components to research (7/30/2014 1:55:16 PM)

I'm sure they will, it's just a question of how many of our requests are included. I'm hoping Steam has brought in enough extra cash to justify some extra effort.

lurchi -> Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (7/30/2014 2:00:08 PM)

Well, most of my wishes are quite easy to fulfill. The only big problem I see are the planet destroyer templates, since right now those are listed as capital ships.

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (7/31/2014 2:47:21 PM)

Weapon research is aaalmost done.

There are now 670 research projects, 300 more than vanilla Universe. I have not planned everything yet, but I guess I might double vanilla research.

[&o]Where art thou, Elliot? I must add components! HALP![&o]

danymatrix -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (7/31/2014 4:00:05 PM)

I love the improvements you propose, but according to the forum discussed the next release will be the DW2. Apparently it would be worthwhile to go DW2 adapting the mod if you want us to use it in the community! lol [:'(]

Blackstork -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (7/31/2014 4:18:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: danymatrix

I love the improvements you propose, but according to the forum discussed the next release will be the DW2. Apparently it would be worthwhile to go DW2 adapting the mod if you want us to use it in the community! lol [:'(]

where you got such info? there was some official announcement?

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (7/31/2014 4:32:32 PM)

quote:

Unless the people discussing this include the names Erik and/or Elliot said discussion is basically pure [sm=00000939.gif]

[:D][:D][:D]

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (7/31/2014 4:35:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blackstork

where you got such info? there was some official announcement?

None that I know of. [:D]

That said, the next release will probably really be DW2. We are very far away from that release, though. I'd be happy about another patch. [;)]

danymatrix -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (7/31/2014 5:12:30 PM)

haha actually thought this as a joke (although it can be a cruel reality) because I can not wait to try the mod [:D][:D]

Returning to the subject, and since you have a lot of developed components .... you think soon launch the mod? or you're still with the idea of ​​waiting a few months until Erik patch release alleged savior?

Kizucha -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (7/31/2014 6:17:48 PM)

IF there is DW2 as next release... i seriously HOPE for the dev's let the modding in and not with an addon like universe... otherwise i visit them.[:@][;)] Dont get me wrong i like universe... but it had no point if they dont give us modability from start on in DW2.[:D]

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (7/31/2014 6:18:49 PM)

quote:

haha actually thought this as a joke (although it can be a cruel reality) because I can not wait to try the mod [:D][:D]

Returning to the subject, and since you have a lot of developed components .... you think soon launch the mod? or you're still with the idea of ​​waiting a few months until Erik patch release alleged savior?

Months? No way. [:-]

It's a matter of weeks. I hope the number of them is rather small.

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (7/31/2014 6:26:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kizucha

IF there is DW2 as next release... i seriously HOPE for the dev's let the modding in and not with an addon like universe... otherwise i visit them.[:@][;)] Dont get me wrong i like universe... but it had no point if they dont give us modability from start on in DW2.[:D]

It sure would be nice if they make DW2 moddable right from the start. It's way easier to do than implement modding later, too. Right now I'm thinking more about what we already have, though.

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/1/2014 2:10:02 AM)

There are now 685 research projects. [:)]

Icemania -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/2/2014 5:49:49 AM)

lurchi, some weapons types are missing a "Race Special" technology, even with Extended. Specifically Area Gravity Weapons and Rail Guns. It would be cool if they could be included in this project.

Blackstork -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/2/2014 7:15:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icemania

lurchi, some weapons types are missing a "Race Special" technology, even with Extended. Specifically Area Gravity Weapons and Rail Guns. It would be cool if they could be included in this project.

If we aim for megamod dont just add it but add on base of integration process, because certain planned races from Beyond cover those 2 weapons

Icemania -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/2/2014 7:21:57 AM)

Agreed. I assume you and lurchi have developed an integration plan? My part with AI Improvement Mod application will come later and can be adapted to whatever you come up with.

Blackstork -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/2/2014 8:19:25 AM)

we talked few times about it, i think he need to come up with his mod after fix provided by Erik and Elliot, and he told as i remeber than he need to finish his full version first. Adaptation of Beyond is simple:

It have unqieu races modules which cover unused mechanics and trees, i really squising it from more 10 races , adding to that more difference depth because of Character system
What is needed is to adapt techs to races, and integrate race files (which are changed for 50 races in beyond) with your mod and add templates/priority research/policies to new races . I think all 10 races will come at same time as lurchi full version os we can do it on then. what will be left for my mod is to finish all unique art eeded for each race character system as well with sseeding them into game, but that not conflicting with both mods you and lurchi do. I will prioritize adding new unique races and their art andtweaking after i release alpha with exemplar of new character system (that will happen very soon)

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/2/2014 11:20:39 AM)

I did add some more race tech, but the bulk of it will come with the races they are attached to.

Blackstork -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/2/2014 11:37:02 AM)

I'll release Character system alpha release soon, then will message with approx plan for all new races racial techs so you can reserve spots/ assign trees / make comments :)

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/2/2014 11:45:14 AM)

Ok.

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/2/2014 8:35:57 PM)

There are now 700 research projects.

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/2/2014 10:01:46 PM)

705 research projects. Time for another teaser:

[image]http://i58.tinypic.com/ixe00g.jpg[/image]

ParagonExile -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/2/2014 10:10:54 PM)

Lurchi.

Lurchi plz.

Lurchi plz stahp.

The anticipation is killing me :(

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/2/2014 10:24:21 PM)

Stop? No. [:D]

Blackstork -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/2/2014 10:24:47 PM)

Go test my alpha :V
*snickers*

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/2/2014 10:53:52 PM)

Do that, ParagonExile. [:D]
I invest my scant time into this mod, no gaming at all right now. [:(]

lurchi -> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New tech tree with many new components, wonders... (8/3/2014 1:37:31 AM)

Now 710 research projects. Time for some [>:]

Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI