RE: Shipping when? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

Solaristics -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 9:54:26 AM)

Thanks for the reply. No, I mean did you get hit with any extra charges like a custom's agent handling fee or duty. Also, I'm assuming you got charged VAT when you made the transaction at the point of sale, although I didn't see it get added on when I did a test run on Plimus.

warspite1 -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 10:05:02 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hondo

Thanks for the reply. No, I mean did you get hit with any extra charges like a custom's agent handling fee or duty. Also, I'm assuming you got charged VAT when you made the transaction at the point of sale, although I didn't see it get added on when I did a test run on Plimus.
warspite1

There was no VAT shown on my original e-mail invoice.

Re what just arrived, er... looks like Customs Value = $40. So presumably that gets added to my invoice???

Solaristics -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 10:20:08 AM)

I don't know what's happened in your case. When I order board games from the US what usually happens is that the Post Office leaves me a card saying I've got to go online and pay the VAT (20%) and a custom's agent charge (£8), and I arrange a delivery time once that's paid. Not sure how FedEx works it. Keep us posted at developments at your end.

Edit: Customs value is probably the value Matrix put down for the value of the item. If Fedex delivered it without charging you anything extra, then I doubt they'll charge you later - delivery services usually hold your item to ransom to get you to pay. What does the custom's declaration form say? Is it marked as books? If so, it would have avoided VAT as they are zero-rated in the UK.

warspite1 -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 10:22:04 AM)

quote:

I don't know what's happened in your case. When I order board games from the US what usually happens is that the Post Office leaves me a card saying I've got to go online and pay the VAT (20%) and a custom's agent charge (£8), and I arrange a delivery time once that's paid. Not sure how FedEx works it. Keep us posted at developments at your end.
warspite1

Sure, will do.

No one has asked me for any extra money - but I will be watching my statement when it comes through.

Bottom line - I could not be happier with my purchase [:)].

Furbet -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 10:26:10 AM)

Also received mine this morningin the UK (inc Maps), does not look like any customs charges or VAT have been applied, the declared customs value of $40 is probably below the threshold they are interested in ? - of course you may not be so lucky.

Previously as you, things have been held by the courier until duty paid, so I don't think I'll be getting another bill but will let you know if I do.

Quality is lovely by the way.

Solaristics -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 10:26:33 AM)

See my edit above. I doubt you'll get charged later, but let us know if you do.

Furbet -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 10:29:56 AM)

Customs declaration of $40 is split, - $23.22 is listed as books, $8.17 as backup disc and $8.61 as Maps.

Solaristics -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 10:30:20 AM)

Thanks for letting us know Subeto. By the way, £15 is the minimum value threshold for an item. I think it might be how the item was marked on the declaration form, although of course packages slip through on occasion without charge, but I've not had that happen to me in a while.

Solaristics -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 10:31:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Subeto

Customs declaration of $40 is split, - $23.22 is listed as books, $8.17 as backup disc and $8.61 as Maps.

That explains it. Books attract zero VAT, and the disk plus maps is less than £15. Mystery solved!

warspite1 -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 10:35:45 AM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Subeto

That explains it. Books attract zero VAT, and the disk plus maps is less than £15. Mystery solved!

warspite1

Hussah!!! [:)]

Toed -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 11:14:16 AM)

Just signed for the parcel. No extra charges here for me in Sweden either.

The books are beautiful.

chekers_MatrixForum -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 11:53:31 AM)

Holy crap, everybody over in the EU is getting there packages already and I'm sitting here in the US religiously checking the tracking and only seeing estimated delivery Thursday. Facedesk.

Froonp -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 12:18:43 PM)

Got mine this morning (France), no customs charges or VAT either. [:D]

Caesar_Augustus -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 1:08:20 PM)

Yay! My copy has arrived in Spain today (18 November) [:D] I did notice a customs charge... oh well. [:(]
The books themselves are excellent! [:)]

Sabre21 -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 1:16:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Yes, our warehouse is on the west coast of the US.

Erik

I ordered on the day of release and received an email with shipping info on the 14th. I just talked with Fed Ex and they say they never received the package for pick up yet. I live in Idaho so not too far from your warehouse. A friend nearby ordered it a few days after me and received it a couple days ago.

Andy

pz501 -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 2:39:51 PM)

I've still got almost an identical problem here. Difference is that I ordered a little later, and as of right now, I don't even have any sort of shipping notification, and of course, no tracking number.

I do have a help desk ticket open on this, and was asked to contact again if I still haven't gotten notice (this was on Thursday). I updated the ticket today accordingly.

I don't expect Matrix to put me at the head of the shipping line, and I don't expect FEDEX to land a helicopter on my front lawn with the package....all I'm asking for is a notice and a tracking number. At this point, it would be reassuring to know that I haven't (through another glitch in the shipping system) paid in full for 1/2 a product.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 2:57:59 PM)

Hi guys,

I understand - the best way is to ask our Help Desk. If they are unable to help you, you can also e-mail me your order information to erikr@matrixgames.com. As far as I know, all orders that were placed in the first week have shipped out. Odds are if you don't have a shipment notification that the internet or a spam/junk-mail filter somewhere along the way ate it.

Orders are typically shipped First In, First Out, but with the backlog that developed and the one pick-up issue from FedEx last week, some later orders did go out first as the warehouse caught up. I expect all back-orders that have not yet arrived to be received this week but I am happy to check them case by case to make sure nothing unusual has happened to any specific orders.

Regards,

- Erik

Arnir -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 6:39:00 PM)

I think my first post disappeared so: Is FedEx the US shipping method for sure now? I'm having it sent to work when payday arrives, but my workplace has two different addresses depending on USPS or not. (USPS demands the PO Box and refuses to use the street address). When I put both addresses down it quite often causes problems. So, I really need to know for sure who is shipping the package in advance.

Thanks.

Hotschi -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 7:05:02 PM)

FedEx was here! [:D]

I was not... [X(]

Tomorrow they'll try again, and again there'll be nobody home. I reckon I will have to pick it up myself then somewhere.

Looking forward to the "Book of Armaments"! [:D]

Zorachus99 -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 7:14:46 PM)

Definitely email support. I didn't get a tracking number until I did.

The books were not being mailed FIFO, which is annoying.

smittyohio90 -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 10:34:48 PM)

I received a shipping notice on the 13th, and it says the estimated delivery is tomorrow, but so far it has not updated the tracking one bit. Still says "shipping information sent to fedEx". Is anyone else in the same boat? Anyone receive theirs and never get a status update?

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Shipping when? (11/18/2013 11:33:37 PM)

Wow $57.00. Well at you got your Manuals and Maps. Hang e'm on the Wall.[:)]
quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Parcel arrived this morning. Books are presented beautifully - full colour, hard-backed tomes. Maps are totally impractical - but boy do they look good!!

Being in the UK myself, and having not ordered the game yet, I'm curious to know whether you managed to avoid detection by HMCE? I will probably end up buying two copies if I buy any (one for my regular gaming buddy), so I would like to be able to estimate the cost.

warspite1

The shipping cost was $57. Is that what you mean?

Dorb -> RE: Shipping when? (11/19/2013 12:05:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: chekers

Holy crap, everybody over in the EU is getting there packages already and I'm sitting here in the US religiously checking the tracking and only seeing estimated delivery Thursday. Facedesk.

Same here on Thursday. Two weeks to the day. Ohio.

bo -> RE: Shipping when? (11/19/2013 12:16:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: smittyohio2

I received a shipping notice on the 13th, and it says the estimated delivery is tomorrow, but so far it has not updated the tracking one bit. Still says "shipping information sent to fedEx". Is anyone else in the same boat? Anyone receive theirs and never get a status update?

Same crap with me I will never use fedex if I can help it. The pony express was much faster.

Bo

Arnir -> RE: Shipping when? (11/19/2013 12:20:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bo

quote:

Same crap with me I will never use fedex if I can help it. The pony express was much faster.

Bo

I don't know if this applies, but talking to my shipping people at the college where I work explained that FedEx and FedEx ground are really two different entities for their purposes. They love FedEx. FedEx Ground? Let's just say they don't love them.

AndyG1 -> RE: Shipping when? (11/19/2013 3:18:22 PM)

Mine just arrived today (Australia), 19th November. Books and CD (not ordered maps). Value also totalled '40'. No extra Customs charge this end.
It's a Christmas present for me (better than begging the wife for the game as an extra cost now, as the credit card would take a hammering in revenge - LOL!).
On checking out the books - they are fantastic quality. Well done Matrix!
FYI, I ordered the day after release, shipping notice indicated sent 14 Nov, and should be received before 20 November. So receipt date was spot on.
They are well worth the wait - just hang on in there[;)]

Texashawk -> RE: Shipping when? (11/19/2013 5:35:48 PM)

quote:

Yep. Supposed to be delivered today, but according to FexEx it hasn't even left the warehouse.

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Shipping when? (11/19/2013 6:55:02 PM)

"With a cloud of dust and a Hi Ho Silver the Pony Exspress Arrived"[X(][&o][:D]

Rorschachnor -> RE: Shipping when? (11/19/2013 7:29:31 PM)

Norway
Arrived by delivery on my front door at noon, today 19.11
Ordered on launch. I could track the parcel for a few days as it left the US .
No extra customs claim except the up front cash.
Very happy with the books! Finally something worth reading again without it being a *.pdf [:)]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Shipping when? (11/19/2013 7:31:29 PM)

Hi everyone,

US shipping is with FedEx ground or Priority Mail (if needed for PO Boxes and Hawaii). Just as reliable, but time dependent based on your proximity to the warehouse. However, that's also why US shipping cost $9-$12. International customers paid $40-$60 for shipping, but best prices we could get for them were via FedEx Air. That is in some cases why shipments from the warehouse to outside the US are arriving first, as air shipment is faster even over longer distances than ground shipment.

Regards,

- Erik

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI