RE: Shipping when? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames

Hotschi -> RE: Shipping when? (11/19/2013 7:53:34 PM)

Parcel arrived this afternoon! [:D]

Very nice looking manuals, well done! And no extra charges whatsoever!

Texashawk -> RE: Shipping when? (11/19/2013 8:04:14 PM)

Well, well, well.... The books came today, as promised. Maybe there's a glitch in the tracking system. It shows STILL in the warehouse... maybe I'll get 2 copies??? :-P

Anyway... these books are amazing. Best. Manuals. Ever.

Steve

captskillet -> RE: Shipping when? (11/19/2013 8:35:58 PM)

mine are supposed to hit here in Louisiana tomorrow.

scout1 -> RE: Shipping when? (11/19/2013 9:36:09 PM)

Just got mine today ..... You're going to like these puppies ..... Bindings look like college text books ...
Can remember going through the SPI rulebooks for their massive games .... never so well done, but enjoyed being able to review them at length ..... Kinda associated with the days of old with massive maps and counters .....

Rainsong94 -> RE: Shipping when? (11/19/2013 10:30:34 PM)

I received my books today as well in Los Angeles. I've been gaming for 30 years and I can't recall a better manual for a game. Not only are the physical qualities of the book great, but the content and how it is written is superb. It is written conversational style and extremely readable, thank goodness for that because this is a very complex game. Well done Steve and his crew.

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Shipping when? (11/19/2013 10:47:02 PM)

I agree[;)]
quote:

ORIGINAL: Rorschachnor

Norway
Arrived by delivery on my front door at noon, today 19.11
Ordered on launch. I could track the parcel for a few days as it left the US .
No extra customs claim except the up front cash.
Very happy with the books! Finally something worth reading again without it being a *.pdf [:)]

smittyohio90 -> RE: Shipping when? (11/19/2013 10:57:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Texashawk

Well, well, well.... The books came today, as promised. Maybe there's a glitch in the tracking system. It shows STILL in the warehouse... maybe I'll get 2 copies??? :-P

Anyway... these books are amazing. Best. Manuals. Ever.

Steve

Mine came today also, even though the tracking never updated. "They're real, and they're spec-TAC-u-lar."

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Shipping when? (11/20/2013 12:28:37 AM)

What am I supposed to do with half a lifetime supply of coffee?

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Shipping when? (11/20/2013 12:56:58 AM)

I love coffee....give me half of your half.[&o]
quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

What am I supposed to do with half a lifetime supply of coffee?

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Shipping when? (11/20/2013 1:15:14 AM)

You coming to terms with the game Titan? Barbarossa first.

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Shipping when? (11/20/2013 1:20:50 AM)

Yep, think ive got Barbarossa, but still learning the finer points. Got my manuals today, doing some reading.
quote:

You coming to terms with the game Titan? Barbarossa first.

Zorachus99 -> RE: Shipping when? (11/20/2013 1:57:05 AM)

My books arrived without any disk or other collateral.

The box looked like it had been opened, but my wife accepted it.

At least I got the books, but I'm going to have to burn a disc with the original files I got from the download :(

My game key wasn't in the box was it?

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Shipping when? (11/20/2013 2:03:31 AM)

Seems I heard the disk is in the manual. Have you looked yet?

Zorachus99 -> RE: Shipping when? (11/20/2013 2:07:00 AM)

quote:

Seems I heard the disk is in the manual. Have you looked yet?

Thanks for the quick reply. These are getting re-wrapped as Christmas presents, and I dare not open them.

If the disk is inside the books, I'm good I think. Much appreciated.

Missouri_Rebel -> RE: Shipping when? (11/20/2013 2:28:20 AM)

See post #16

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3468489

ess1 -> RE: Shipping when? (11/20/2013 9:40:23 AM)

Parcel arrived this morning via FedEx.   No duty [:)].

Amazing really as I only ordered last Saturday!

Books extremely high quality.

CSSS -> RE: Shipping when? (11/20/2013 3:47:05 PM)

I am in Texas , I ordered it on day one. Still has not arrived,.......so I guess it is time for another Margarita.

shaddock -> RE: Shipping when? (11/20/2013 4:56:17 PM)

Just got nice package from MR. FedEx man.

OMG! The pics here just don't do it justice! The look, the feel, the smell, of the maps and the books. I can't wait till tomorrow, so I can set up the entire map in my garage [:D]
And of course the many, many nights of reading ahead of me.

Thanks to Steve, the playtesters, the map makers, Matrix, ADG, and all others whom had a hand in this.

pzgndr -> RE: Shipping when? (11/20/2013 5:01:03 PM)

I continue to wait! To add insult to injury, delivery was supposed to be yesterday but FedEx tracking now shows "N/A" for expected delivery and no status update since last Friday. WTF? Grrrr Fortunately VPaulus is on the case and has let loose the hounds to figure this out. In the meantime, Adobe is working fine for reading through the pdf manuals. [sm=happy0065.gif]

captskillet -> RE: Shipping when? (11/20/2013 5:11:47 PM)

package touchdown in Louisiana, I'll have to say I'm impressed with the quality!

bo -> RE: Shipping when? (11/20/2013 5:20:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CSS

I am in Texas , I ordered it on day one. Still has not arrived,.......so I guess it is time for another Margarita.

Have a Budweiser with me [&o], 6 days and counting, anyone who uses Fedex should have a lobotomy hmmm I could suggest a company, oh okay I wont go there, I believe pony express in the 1880's was coast to coast in 4 days [:(]

Bo

Mundy -> RE: Shipping when? (11/20/2013 5:27:42 PM)

I got mine yesterday.

Very nice.  It was nice to lie in bed reading them.  pdfs on the Kindle just don't cut it.

Ed-

Arnir -> RE: Shipping when? (11/20/2013 6:43:37 PM)

Ordered mine today. Hopefully FedEx Ground will get it to my college without problems. It will be interesting to see how long it takes, but it's all good for me. I can live with the .pdfs for now.

Furbet -> RE: Shipping when? (11/25/2013 1:11:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Subeto

Also received mine this morningin the UK (inc Maps), does not look like any customs charges or VAT have been applied, the declared customs value of $40 is probably below the threshold they are interested in ? - of course you may not be so lucky.

Previously as you, things have been held by the courier until duty paid, so I don't think I'll be getting another bill but will let you know if I do.

Quality is lovely by the way.

As promised, I'm letting you know I got a bill.......[:(]

From FedEx this morning in the UK, not too bad at £15.44 of which £10.50 is an advancement fee. [:@]

Arnir -> RE: Shipping when? (11/25/2013 1:53:24 PM)

quote:

quote:

Also received mine this morningin the UK (inc Maps), does not look like any customs charges or VAT have been applied, the declared customs value of $40 is probably below the threshold they are interested in ? - of course you may not be so lucky.

Previously as you, things have been held by the courier until duty paid, so I don't think I'll be getting another bill but will let you know if I do.

From FedEx this morning in the UK, not too bad at £15.44 of which £10.50 is an advancement fee. [:@]

Pardon my ignorance, but what is an advancement fee?

Furbet -> RE: Shipping when? (11/25/2013 2:23:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arnir

quote:

quote:

Pardon my ignorance, but what is an advancement fee?

I think it's the fee levied by FedEx for dealing with the process (Clearance Admin Charge), so £4.94 goes to HMRC and the £10.50 goes to FedEx.

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI